Question What are the best motherboards for 3600/3700X?

Aug 23, 2019
I'm currently looking to upgrade to either a 3600 or 3700X which means I need to get a new motherboard. I tend to lean towards Asus boards as I like their BIOS and am used to it's layout.

I don't want to have to upgrade the motherboard again in the near future so I am open to spending a little more for features that aren't necessarily utilised that well.

Looking more at features and 'future proofing' than cost currently but probably around ~£250 max.

What would you consider 'future proofing'? I'm assuming PCIe gen 4? It's very doubtful exactly how much further AMD will push the current socket since they only promised support to 2020.

If you can you wait a bit longer there's a new B550 chipset line of boards that both fixes X570 board's problems (mainly high cost and chip-set fans) yet provides pcie gen 4 support to GPU and NVME's. Gen 4 to NVME is really the only feature that's compelling on X570's short of the super-premium class.

And since it's coming out well after all the new-generation launch drama it should come come pre-loaded with a BIOS including the latest AGESA. That means mobo's based on it should provide for out-of-the-box stability and no worrying a BIOS update grind in the midst of getting a new system running.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brackstonee

TRENDING THREADS