Question What are the Best User Settings for LG 65" Class C2 Series OLED

cutter

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2004
I've been searching high and low and can't seem to find any site that has a recommendation for best user settings for a LG 65" C2 Series OLED evo 4K UHD Smart TV. (Model: OLED65C2PUA)

I've been noticing while watching movies that something is off, particularly when a scene takes place in the dark or at night - everything is WAY too dark. Additionally, I'm not sure the default settings (cinema mode, etc.) are displaying the best picture for 4K video. I've messed around a bit with the setting but can't find the right mix. I knew enough to turn off the motion smoothing setting, etc., but I was hoping someone had a recommendation for every setting that would result in the best display for movies/TV.

Thanks.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Have you looked at conversations about filmmaker mode vs home cinema? Depending on the film, filmmaker is most accurate but can be too dark, someone mentioned house of the dragon being too dark. Hopefully the topic regarding filmmaker steers you in the right direction.

Search lg c2 filmmaker mode vs home cinema reddit.

Reactions: cutter
been searching high and low and can't seem to find any site that has a recommendation for best user settings for a LG 65" C2
there's a lot of user particulars that make each set's settings different for each user and in each room.

you need to go through the available options and fine tune them based on the lighting in the area around the TV,
the distance you would be sitting,
the type of content you will be viewing, etc.

i have 10 different user set profiles on my slightly older LG CX;

1x for basic TV programs in a well lighted room, 1x for those with the room dark,
1x for live TV and usually also for cartoon/anime with lights on, 1x for those in the dark,
1x for higher quality movies in light, 1x for those in dark,
1x for HDR animation in light, 1x HDR animation in dark,
1x HDR movies/TV in light, 1x for those in dark.

Reactions: cutter

cutter

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2004
Have you looked at conversations about filmmaker mode vs home cinema? Depending on the film, filmmaker is most accurate but can be too dark, someone mentioned house of the dragon being too dark. Hopefully the topic regarding filmmaker steers you in the right direction.

Search lg c2 filmmaker mode vs home cinema reddit.
Will do, thank you!