[SOLVED] What are the CPU that is compatible to my motherboard EMX -IH61LE-iCafe?

Jan 8, 2022
I have this motherboard
EMX -IH61LE-iCafe
there is no information about this motherboard on the Emaxx Technologies website (the only available is the one with the "LT" unlike mine that is "LE")
based on CPU-Z, my bios is
Brand: American Megatrends Inc.
Version: 4.6.4
Date: 07/14/2011

I plan to upgrade my core i3-2100 CPU to a much more faster cpu with a intel socket 1155
but unable to do so because of lack of information on the official Emaxx website

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You can drop in any 2nd Gen Intel processor, the highest I'd go on that chipset is the i7-2600, if you want to stick to 2nd Gen. If you want, you could drop in a 3rd Gen intel i7(non-K suffix) processor. Here's the CPU support list for the LT version of your board, which has the same chipset. I am curious though what would you want to upgrade the processor, i.e, what sort of tasks you'd want to tax the platform with(app names)? That platform is pretty much out of an useful life in 2022.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You can drop in any 2nd Gen Intel processor, the highest I'd go on that chipset is the i7-2600, if you want to stick to 2nd Gen. If you want, you could drop in a 3rd Gen intel i7(non-K suffix) processor. Here's the CPU support list for the LT version of your board, which has the same chipset. I am curious though what would you want to upgrade the processor, i.e, what sort of tasks you'd want to tax the platform with(app names)? That platform is pretty much out of an useful life in 2022.

Reactions: Hanshie
Solution
Jan 8, 2022
thank you!
I know that the platform is not that useful today but I don't really have no experience nor knowledge about upgrading the motherboard. I just think that I needed to upgrade the CPU since it's really old. Maybe I'll consider buying a new PC Set. thank you very much for the response!