[SOLVED] What are the factors that control a gamer's performance?

sxk1277

Great
Mar 19, 2020
Let me know if I missed any

• FPS/response time/hertz/input lag
  • Disabling shadow/enabling BenQ's Dyac
  • V Sync/Free Sync/G Sync - worsen performance since they cap hertz to fps and higher fps is always better even if hertz is lower.
  • Glitching/Hacking/Colluding
  • Studying pro's at Twitch, asking questions and mimicking your mouse to their movement to train expert muscle memory
  • Comfortable mouse/keyboard/Headset doesn't need to be high quality right? Just good enough
  • Reading updates on game changes and game discoveries
  • Ping (no way to improve it, right?)
  • And obviously practice, preferably with cold Room temperature and hydration

Mar 30, 2020
Seems to cover the main topics but I'd also mention resolution as it definetly makes a different. Having a 1440p or 4K will help you see things that were previously unnoticed at 1080p or lower resolution (but obviously it needs to balance with good FPS)

sxk1277

Great
Mar 19, 2020
World's top Apex Legends players prefer 900p resolution. As a veteran at world level fps gaming, Apex Legends is probably the toughest fps out right now. Though, the reason they do it may have to do with fps as you said, but they are sponsored by TSM so they don't have any shortage of funds. I personally play Apex Legends both on 4k (at friends house) and 1080p and though 4k offers sharper patterns and color, I don't notice any difference in performance.

sxk1277

Great
Mar 19, 2020
Whats TFC? I used to play AVP2/Battlefield 2 & 3

The issue I've currently with Apex Legends is that when I'm shooting, I want low mouse sensitivity to aim but when I catch an opponent on my back..I want fast sensitivity to turn around to face him. What I want is a mouse where if I hold a button on the side, a faster sensitivity mode turns on. Does such a mouse exist?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Solution

sxk1277

Great
Mar 19, 2020
I used to play AVP2 under the name One and my brother Deathstar. We ran pretty uncontested for years on demo version on our own server (which pretty much kept the game alive till we shut it down). The only time we were contested were 2 other brothers, Sun and Moon.

The creativity of that game remains uncontested to this day. The fact you could start out as facehugger and progress throughout multiplayer growing into different kinda alien based on who you ate and eventually grow into Alien mama was unbelievable. They didn't do good job balancing though..we'd to ban predator using lasers coz that was too OP.

I was the best in the world as special Ops in Battlefield 2. Same story there, we ran our own server and kept the game alive and shut down the competition Vega which kicked me out of their clan due to fued with their leader in the demo version. My brother was the best in tanks and assault class. I tried for years but could never dominate the sky.

One thing I learned in playing team sports and gaming clan is that people follow power. Hundreds would follow me but once I would lose power, there was no loyalty in friends, they all just play the diplomatic card.

Anyways, thanks for the link. However, I was hoping, if the sensitivity is only enabled WHILE I'm holding the button. Because once I turn around, that max sensitivity will screw me up when I go back to shooting, especially in Apex Legends where shooting actually lasts a while...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I'd say a press hold type toggle button should be possible.

We only played AVP and 2 over lan. AVP was good too but 2 added as you said, other unique layers. Exo suits were bad ass.

I think about AVP 2 every time I'd watch an AVP movie and wished the directors involved had played this game to get a bloody idea.

sxk1277

Great
Mar 19, 2020
haha. Yeah, AVP and terminator director successfully murdered the franchise which under right leadership had unlimited potential.

Problem solved: I downloaded an app X mouse button control.

Last edited: