[SOLVED] What are the intake spots or exhaust spots of a case?

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
i want to put to my thermaltak v200, these following fans:
enermax fan :
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DNKU0S6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

thermaltake ring
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VRKVGUA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
and my case already have 4 fans installed 3 on the front and one rear, should i put those fans?( the ones that mentiones with the link.)
i would like to have a negative airflow in best of the cases a neutral one , so i need tips for this.
Also if i put 1 fan on top would it be a intake fan or exhaust, and how can i install it to make it exhaust or intake?
also if you want to give a recommendation of another fans price/performance it would be better ;)

Solution

what do you mean with that?
It's as I said. Cases with their front intakes completely - or almost completely closed off, such as your V200, struggle to pull air in.

Leave the stock configuration(3 intake, 1 exhaust) as is in the case, and add just one fan in the roof of the case, positioned behind the cpu cooler = 3 intake, 2 exhaust. Due to the lack of air available to the front fans, this will easily get you a negative pressure setup.
If you want to do positive pressure, just remove the rear fan(3 intake, 0 exhaust), but I can guarantee you that the negative pressure setup will give you lower temps.

Also, dust? Just clean the case out like once a month or something. Dust is only a concern for lazy folks.
Intake and exhaust depends on the orientation of the fan, not its location in the case. If a fan is one orientation it will pull in air (intake) and if it is flipped 180 degrees it will push out air (exhaust). So you can put a fan in the top of the case and it can be exhaust or intake depending on how the fan is oriented.

Why do you think you need more fans? 4 fans is already a good amount for most cases.

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
Intake and exhaust depends on the orientation of the fan, not its location in the case. If a fan is one orientation it will pull in air (intake) and if it is flipped 180 degrees it will push out air (exhaust). So you can put a fan in the top of the case and it can be exhaust or intake depending on how the fan is oriented.

Why do you think you need more fans? 4 fans is already a good amount for most cases.
i dont know , because i think that maybe it would create a positive or negative flow so i wante to go to neutral, do you rhink i need to put those fans or just have the fans that has the case? ah and also wanted good airflow so idk help me please!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yet another poorly designed case. What is with case manufacturers and closed off front cases?
Those poor fans in the front are starving for air with that tiny single side grill. Well, there may be a gap underneath(couldn't find such pics), but still...
Putting another fan set as exhaust at the rear of the roof of the case should net you negative pressure, as those fans in the front can't pull in much to begin with.

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
Yet another poorly designed case. What is with case manufacturers and closed off front cases?
Those poor fans in the front are starving for air with that tiny single side grill. Well, there may be a gap underneath(couldn't find such pics), but still...
Putting another fan set as exhaust at the rear of the roof of the case should net you negative pressure, as those fans in the front can't pull in much to begin with.

Yes.....

Group your exhaust fans together and control them from one 'SYS_FAN" header.
Group your Intake fans together and control them from a different 'SYS_FAN" header.

You can then set your intake fan speed trim to provide more intake air volume than your exhaust fans are moving. This will prevent a negative pressure situation on the interior of the case, which would pull dust in through I/O port connectors, and any other opening in the case.

It just tends to keep a case cleaner, in the long run, while moving sufficient air through the case to adequately cool all of your components.

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
well im going to be clear , i dont really know if my pc will have good airflow, i want in the best of cases a neutral one,

i want to use this fans , but i don really know if its necessary to buy them or just use the fans that have my case (thermaltake v200);

Enermax fan (good airflow btw):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DNKU0S6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Thermaltake ring :
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VRKVGUA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

and my thermaltake v200:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FL1D5RV/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

it is rally necessary to put them to have good airflwo for a mild overclock or it just fine with the case fans??, also which fan do you recommend me to put as exhaust or intake fan?

thanks.

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
Yes.....

Group your exhaust fans together and control them from one 'SYS_FAN" header.
Group your Intake fans together and control them from a different 'SYS_FAN" header.

You can then set your intake fan speed trim to provide more intake air volume than your exhaust fans are moving. This will prevent a negative pressure situation on the interior of the case, which would pull dust in through I/O port connectors, and any other opening in the case.

It just tends to keep a case cleaner, in the long run, while moving sufficient air through the case to adequately cool all of your components.
what is SYS_FAN Header?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

It's as I said. Cases with their front intakes completely - or almost completely closed off, such as your V200, struggle to pull air in.

Leave the stock configuration(3 intake, 1 exhaust) as is in the case, and add just one fan in the roof of the case, positioned behind the cpu cooler = 3 intake, 2 exhaust. Due to the lack of air available to the front fans, this will easily get you a negative pressure setup.
If you want to do positive pressure, just remove the rear fan(3 intake, 0 exhaust), but I can guarantee you that the negative pressure setup will give you lower temps.

Also, dust? Just clean the case out like once a month or something. Dust is only a concern for lazy folks.

Solution