Question What are the minimum power requirements for the Upcoming 4090 graphics card ?

suvo30

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2016
Good day all I am just curious to know the basic power requirements for the upcoming RTX 4090 GPU and whether it will be supported on my PC I built my PC last year only.
I have nothing much though essential thing. Moreover, I chose a bit old GPU because I was in shortage of funds at that time.

CPU = AMD Ryzen 5
Motherboard = Asus TUF X570 Plus
RAM = Hyper X Fury 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
SSD = CORSAIR 2 TB NVME M.2 SSD
Additional HDD = Seagate Baracuda 4 TB
SMPS = CM V1000.
PC Case = CM C700 M.
GPU = SAPPHIRE RX 580 8 GB DDR5 Pulse Edition
Basic Logitech K120 Combo as keyboard and Mouse Nothing Fancy.

Because I have no idea about the basic power requirements for the GPU hence I ask. Because if needed I would work hours to get this new GPU or maybe a new rig.

MY PRESENT PC BUILD - Imgur

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers me from the forum. Have a nice day.

Good day all I am just curious to know the basic power requirements for the upcoming RTX 4090 GPU and whether it will be supported on my PC I built my PC last year only.
I have nothing much though essential thing. Moreover, I chose a bit old GPU because I was in shortage of funds at that time.

CPU = AMD Ryzen 5
Motherboard = Asus TUF X570 Plus
RAM = Hyper X Fury 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
SSD = CORSAIR 2 TB NVME M.2 SSD
Additional HDD = Seagate Baracuda 4 TB
SMPS = CM V1000.
PC Case = CM C700 M.
GPU = SAPPHIRE RX 580 8 GB DDR5 Pulse Edition
Basic Logitech K120 Combo as keyboard and Mouse Nothing Fancy.

Because I have no idea about the basic power requirements for the GPU hence I ask. Because if needed I would work hours to get this new GPU or maybe a new rig.

MY PRESENT PC BUILD - Imgur

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers me from the forum. Have a nice day.

A good quality 800W unit is.minimim. They recommend 850W+. That said your R5 will hold you back.

I would stay away from a 5 year old psu. These new generation GPUs go through wild power swings and are sensitive to drop outs and noise. The older a psu gets the less reliable it gets on sudden load switches. And the excess amp draw may cause even a quality supply to go into ocp mode and shut down. (Ie: seasonic prime 1000w)

Last edited:
Reactions: boshettee

suvo30

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2016
I talked with my hardware wholesaler he would love to take in my old PSU and my old GPU for the new 4090 and a brand new SMPS with the newer versions of atx 3.0 pcie 12-pin cables.

I stumbled upon this information which I found out after reading a reply from my above posted Imgur account some kind gentleman let me know about it.

Thank you kind sir for answering my questions and clearing my doubts about this question. Have a nice and lovely month ahead.

suvo30

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2016
I thank the " respected, kind members " for guiding me well about the SMPS survey I did before; hence, I got this brand new SMPS from my wholesaler recently because my old SMPS got spoiled, so this is a new thing for my PC.

The guidance helped me a lot, so I chose this nice power supply, and it was affordable too.

Have a nice day and a lovely week ahead.
IMGUR