[SOLVED] What are the probability to a SSD die caused by a power outage?

Moth254KF

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
I got a SSD for my laptop and I was plannning later on use it for my desktop. But how is likely to get it kill by a power outage? I mean, I understand the danger of my IOS getting corrupt and maybe lose some data (Btw, I always backup my important data in USB and external storage). But my question is, A SSD is more likely to survive a power outage than a HHD? because well, HDD have the same risks but with mechanical parts.
(Sorry for my grammar, but I couldn't find the words to describe this, btw my PSU is good quality)

Solution
Power outage doesn't kill electronics, voltage surge does.

Modern PSU and even motherboards have voltage surge protection, so the chance for a SSD to get killed is extremely low.

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Will be fine as long as you have your write cache set correctly. Quick removal (ok if you lower power) or Better performance (Bad if you lose power)

SSD's are cheap later for a desktop you will want a newer and larger one anyway..........

I wouldn't worry over any of this.

Thanks

USAFRet

Titan
I got a SSD for my laptop and I was plannning later on use it for my desktop. But how is likely to get it kill by a power outage? I mean, I understand the danger of my IOS getting corrupt and maybe lose some data (Btw, I always backup my important data in USB and external storage). But my question is, A SSD is more likely to survive a power outage than a HHD? because well, HDD have the same risks but with mechanical parts.
(Sorry for my grammar, but I couldn't find the words to describe this, btw my PSU is good quality)
Anything is "possible". You can't assign a number to "how likely".

Have a known good backup routine. Not just your "important data", but rather think about full drive backups.

Moth254KF

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
Anything is "possible". You can't assign a number to "how likely".

Have a known good backup routine. Not just your "important data", but rather think about full drive backups.

So, basically, a whole copy of the drive?