Question What are the requirements for fast charging Mobile Phones in Cables and Power Supplies?

doraimom

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Hi.
If you have a mobile phone that supports fast charging, what are the requirements when you shop for USB cables, Power Banks and Power Supply Devices?
Is it enough to find "2.1 A" in the description of these devices?
Talking specifically about the USB cable for fast charging a mobile phone, must it be USB 3.0 or 3.1 version?
Data transfer speeds doesn't matter here.
Thank you.

Ralston18

Titan
The "requirements" are those that meet or otherwise lay within the mobile phone's manufacturer's guidelines/specs.

Just finding "2.1 A" in a product description is not enough for me.

Especially if there are other words such as "compatible" being tossed in.

There are manufacturers and products out there that will make any sort of claim based on "compatibility": fit, feel, color, length, plug type, matching screw holes....

Even if truly compatible, quality matters.

My recommendation: look for products, product reviews (professional and end-user) , visit manufacturer/seller websites. Read FAQ's, Forums, Look for what is said and not said.....

One advantage of purchasing via the product's (in your case a mobile phone) manufacturer is that they cannot blame some other component (i.e,. a cable, power bank, or power supply) for a problem that occurs.

And they will do so if given the opportunity.

(Cynicism conceded.)