What are the specs of the AMD 760G integrated graphics chip?

hdgro11

Proper
Jul 9, 2018
I'm courious about this, because it's been giving me some interesting results. Comparing it to the integrated graphics card in my laptop's Intel Celeron processor, I have seen some interesting results. My 760G can't seem to be able to open up minecraft (I always get an error) or any 3D game in general, but it runs 2D games in 60 fps without even struggling, meanwhile the integrated graphics in my celeron can open 3D games, but struggles with both 2D and 3D. Wonder why this is...

catilley1092

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Because it's an onboard chip, rather than a component of the CPU, the AMD 760G doesn't have the GPU power as these.

That's why (most) motherboards in the last 3-4 years have stopped offering onboard graphics, other than notebooks with discrete chip. Most desktop users who wants more GPU power simply purchases a new model, or used on sites such as eBay. In fact, I have 4-5 of the Dell OEM Radeon 7570 (1GB GDDR5) in several computers, gave no more than $25 shipped for each.

While that's not a powerhouse GPU, still GDDR5 & 128 bit bus & outperforms many GPU chips on the CPU, although some of Intel's latest have caught up to it (Intel 630 4K UHD).

I'll be honest, because still have a notebook with the AMD 760G onboard graphics, it's the 2nd worst performing I have, only my IBM T42 is lower rated & maybe that would had been as good if the ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 was included, rather than 7500 series (32MB). There's not much you can do other than get a new(er) notebook with more powerful graphics, or suffer from the issues you're describing for eternity.

Today, that HP notebook with AMD 760G is only a test machine for Linux installs, once also installed Neverware OS (half baked Google Chrome OS clone). Just a browser on hardware, rather than a fully equipped notebook.

Hope this helps to explain.

Cat