What are the true minimum system specifications for regular video conferencing to China, to ensure ideal performance?

onlineesltutor

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
I'm currently running a 1.6ghz processor and 4gbs ram, hardwired into internet at about 75mpbs (actual test speed). I'm experiencing occasional crashing issues (sound goes out, freezing) during video conferencing to China from the U.S. with the "Zoom" application; I am sometimes in conference with up to ten Chinese participants at a time and issues seem to increase significantly after maybe four participants including myself. The computer I'm using is relatively new despite its technical limitations and I'm very conscious not to run anything else in the background, but I'm still experiencing the stated issues despite this.

I'm looking to upgrade to minimize future issues. Obviously I'm hoping for that minimum price point, but I'm also looking to ensure no future issues with my purchase. I'm pretty light on cash, but I'm also looking at doing a lot more video conferencing in the future, so this is an important purchase. Maybe there will be a Cyber Monday special I can take advantage of, or something refurbished off newegg?

All this considered, what are the true minimum specifications that I should look for in a new device?

Thanks a lot!

Solution
I assume Zooms customer support can answer your question. After all, you're using their software and products, so they should be there for you.
To answer your question about minimum specs: there is an Android and an Iphone app for Zoom, so a smart phone should be enough. I suggest your check out their web page.

Nigel
I assume Zooms customer support can answer your question. After all, you're using their software and products, so they should be there for you.
To answer your question about minimum specs: there is an Android and an Iphone app for Zoom, so a smart phone should be enough. I suggest your check out their web page.

Nigel

Solution