[SOLVED] What are these dots particles on my screen? How do I get rid of them?

May 29, 2018
Hello
I just built my pc and my monitor has these weird dot particles and i have no idea how to fix it
I tried both a dp and an hdmi cable but nothing changed. Drivers are installed. Any ideas?

poB6d8cAp

screenshots:
https://imageshack.com/i/poB6d8cAp
https://imageshack.com/i/poiJEKvzp

Solution
Haha yeah well that's the way. It's also POSSIBLE that it's a PSU issue, but again, without another one to test with, no way to know. RMA the card, if it's the card that's the problem, it'll do it for them to and you'll get a new one. If it doesn't, they send back the old one and you move on to the PSU.
May 29, 2018
Looks like possible vram artifacting. Do you have another display adapter you can test with? What are the full system specs including PSU?
I have another hdmi
Specs:
CPU Ryzen 5 1600
MOBO Gigabyte-A320M-S2H rev 1
RAM G.skil aegis 8gb 3000mhz ddr4
PSU Thermaltake Smart RGB 500w
GPU Sapphire radeon rx 580 8gb pulse

Edit: I tried the other cable and i still have the problem
EDIT: OOH u mean if i have another graphics card to try sorryi didnt undesrtand, I dont have another one :(

Last edited:

Remeca

Reputable
I have another hdmi
Specs:
CPU Ryzen 5 1600
MOBO Gigabyte-A320M-S2H rev 1
RAM G.skil aegis 8gb 3000mhz ddr4
PSU Thermaltake Smart RGB 500w
GPU Sapphire radeon rx 580 8gb pulse

I tried the other cable and i still have the problem
I don't mean another cable, I mean another video card. You don't have onboard video to use for troubleshooting, so it'd be very helpful if you had another video card you could test with. If you don't, and it isn't possible to pick up something for $10 or $15 used from craigslist or something, I would see if it isn't too late to return or exchange your video card, depending on where you got it from.

May 29, 2018
Maybe, maybe not. Impossible to say, but I wouldn't bet on it. It's worth a shot reinstalling drivers after removing the old ones with DDU. A card fresh from the box shouldn't be artifacting period, so even if drivers fixed the issue for now, who knows when it may come back.
That's good news, I hope it keeps working for you.
Nevermind i restarted and its still there :\

Remeca

Reputable
Haha yeah well that's the way. It's also POSSIBLE that it's a PSU issue, but again, without another one to test with, no way to know. RMA the card, if it's the card that's the problem, it'll do it for them to and you'll get a new one. If it doesn't, they send back the old one and you move on to the PSU.

Solution
May 29, 2018
OK! Ill do that then

May 29, 2018
One last question in order to have visual artifacting should the dots remain static? Cause mine flicker and change position anytime i do anything (like moving mouse)