[SOLVED] What are these spots on my CPU? burn marks?

ZehBob

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
So i just found out i had bent pins on my motherboard socket and that proberly was the cause i had bsods all the time.
But my CPU had this miscolour some places on its contact side. like there is a big spot in the middle right side of my cpu and some along the edge of it aswell. What are those? Is it damage to my CPU or what?

Here is the picture
coDv5Zj.jpg

Solution
As long as it’s fairly pure and you wipe it off with a lint free cloth you should be fine. 15 pubs aren’t that hard to bend back I’ve done like a corner of a socket before from standing on it.

ZehBob

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

Yes. I never saw it above 60.

Also is it safe trying to wipe it off with isopropyl alcohol incase it isn't burn marks? Or could wiping do any damage to the contacts?

ZehBob

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

I understand that. But could i harm the CPU if i tried to wipe the pads. It's just i have seen topics about people touching the pads and got yes and no answers if that could do harm. The bent pin i had in my motherboard socket was definetely touching another pin this whole time it was bent

I havn't tested it yet. I scrapped the motherboard i had as i fucked up trying to bent a pin back into place. I accidentally dropped my phone trying to take a picture close up, bending 15 other pins making it much worse.
I'm now waiting for my new motherboard to try the CPU in. Although i had bsods on windows randomly all the time, but i suspect the motherboard becuase of the bent pin and not the CPU itself.

But would it be harmful to the CPU if i tried wiping it off with alchohol, incase it's just residue of some kind?