What are today's good gaming desktop and laptop?

whiteant

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
When I look at the systems around I become :pt1cable: with what options a person can have especially that each day there's a new technology.

Please what are the specifications today of:
- a good gaming laptop?
- and a good gaming desktop?

Processor, graphic card...

By good I mean just a powerful computer that can run any game today without a problem, but not those computers that they use at E3.

Please let us name all builds you can think of, because i look for budget as well, thank you for your effort.

g-unit1111

Titan
The bad thing about gaming laptops is that no matter what kind of hardware you have, even X79m and X99m, no laptop will ever be as powerful as its' desktop equivalent. You could pay $5,000 for a laptop but with an m-class desiginated CPU and GPU, it's still an "m".

As for builds that all entirely depends on budget. Even an $1100 build these days can get you a i5-4690K and a GTX 970 and that's perfectly suited for gaming.

whiteant

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Thank you for this important information about the speed (if i'm not wrong) of the laptop that cannot match the speed of its desktop equivalent.

So no laptop can well run the high end games of today?

My second question is about an i5 desktop with a GTX 970 that you mentioned. I know that the games are also CPU extensive and some may be CPU bound more than GPU. Let alone multiplayer.

So how much does the gpu help the CPU in this case? For example if a game costs 50% CPU, does a powerful GPU lower this?

TRENDING THREADS