[SOLVED] What are your opinions on the Acer Nitro VG240Y Pbiip

Mar 13, 2020
I am done with Asus. Can't get a single good product from them - so I am going to try something new. I want to wait for the Acer Nitro VG240Y Pbiip to get in stock because it has the specs I am looking for at a good price. Has anyone used this monitor before, and if so, what are your thoughts?

Solution
It uses a Panda IGZO-TFT

They make for a decent mid-range monitor that doesn't really excel at anything.

So here is the thing about brightness and motion blur with those, if you enable VRB you get close to a TN panel response but it gets pretty dim "Lowest possible brightness" If you want a brighter screen you have to go with a slow response which gives you that slight motion blur but with no trailing like you see on VA panels. The motion blur isn't terrible and you will only see it in heavy situations in FPS gaming. Acer seems to not be implementing the screen as well as others I have seen but overall it's a decent monitor that can cover a wide range of uses.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
It uses a Panda IGZO-TFT

They make for a decent mid-range monitor that doesn't really excel at anything.

So here is the thing about brightness and motion blur with those, if you enable VRB you get close to a TN panel response but it gets pretty dim "Lowest possible brightness" If you want a brighter screen you have to go with a slow response which gives you that slight motion blur but with no trailing like you see on VA panels. The motion blur isn't terrible and you will only see it in heavy situations in FPS gaming. Acer seems to not be implementing the screen as well as others I have seen but overall it's a decent monitor that can cover a wide range of uses.

Solution