What better hardware for recording games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Both. But i did some recording with E8400 and 4GB DDR2 RAM's. There is no lag. You may face an initial stutter when the actual recording starts but after that nothing. As i said uncompressed videos take up very little of the resources, so that should not be a problem. But HDD space should be big. The partition on which the video should have at least 30GB of space. Coz the files are humungous when created! You can 1 minute = 1GB almost.
^^Right!

But CPU/RAM is the key. Rest all can take care of themselves! But in a way they dont matter too much.

Just make sure you have plenty of HDD space available. The files recorded from FRAPS or XFire and uncompressed video files since they eat up least amount of resources during the game. So a 10 mins recording can go up to 8GB-10GB.

muradw2

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011

CPU or RAM or both?
I don't want the game or the video to lag.

Both. But i did some recording with E8400 and 4GB DDR2 RAM's. There is no lag. You may face an initial stutter when the actual recording starts but after that nothing. As i said uncompressed videos take up very little of the resources, so that should not be a problem. But HDD space should be big. The partition on which the video should have at least 30GB of space. Coz the files are humungous when created! You can 1 minute = 1GB almost.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS