[SOLVED] What brand of 120GB SSD would you recommend and why?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

F1demon

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
Am looking to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 3421 up shifting the 500GB 5400 rpm HDD to an HDD Caddy.

I am looking for a suitable 120GB SATA 3 2.5 inch 7mm SSD but have found conflicting opinions about:

-WD Green (slow, old tech)
-Kingston Q500 (booting stutter)
-Crucial BX500 (Old tech)...

So can anyone pls shed some light on which brand and what type of SSD would be OK/GOOD?

Tks in advance and Keep Safe!

Solution
So, any of these brands will do for either 120/240 versions? Is there a slight preference for one over the other? I get the impression Crucial is trusted and Team Group is also good? I just need to narrow it down to a reliable/fast one for either the 120 or 240 odd GB ones....

tks again.

Yeah, go with a trusted brand. Something with a warranty or support system you trust. Reliability is important. Crucial is always a safe bet.
So, any of these brands will do for either 120/240 versions? Is there a slight preference for one over the other? I get the impression Crucial is trusted and Team Group is also good? I just need to narrow it down to a reliable/fast one for either the 120 or 240 odd GB ones....

tks again.

Yeah, go with a trusted brand. Something with a warranty or support system you trust. Reliability is important. Crucial is always a safe bet.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS