What brand of 3D TV should I purchase?

TomHorror

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
So I'm considering buying a 3D TV later this year for the purpose of being able to watch 3D videos and movies on a larger screen, as I find that more comfortable than watching a movie on my 24-inch gaming monitor.

The problem is that I don't know which brand to go with since I've only ever had one HDTV, and I have found two TVs that I am interested in:-

Samsung 48-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Quad Core Wi-Fi Smart 3D LED TV:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ITHZOZM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3ELEAMAEQNZH9&coliid=I90NX4FKH8KH9

Sony KDL-43W807C Smart 3D 43 inch Full HD TV - Silver [Energy Class A+]:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KDL-43W807C-Smart-inch-Full/dp/B00UPCJ6EY/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-theater&ie=UTF8&qid=1467743924&sr=1-4&keywords=3d+tv

The Sony TV has a refresh rate that is twice as fast as the Samsung TV, but it also costs £50 more than the Samsung TV. I am conflicted on which TV I should purchase.

Do you guys think either of these two TVs are good? If not, could you please recommend some decent brands to look out for?

Another thing I should tell you is that I have an Nvidia 3D Vision 2 kit (it hasn't had much use tbh, I really wanted to use it to watch 3D movies and videos). Will the Nvidia 3D glasses work with any 3D TV or will I need a specific type of 3D TV? I think they usually give you 3D glasses with these TVs anyway, but I use my gaming PC as my DVD/Blu-ray player. Therefore, since I would be using my Nvidia GPU to watch the 3D content, I think I would need to use Nvidia's 3D glasses, right?

Solution

rustigsmed

Distinguished

While not familiar with those exact models generally speaking
Standings have lower input lag but judder when watching movies.
Sonys have a slightly slower input lag but don't generally judder when playing any video source (even 60fps YouTube).
I ended up buying a Sony I was worried at how bad the input lag would be but it was acceptable which was a relief.

You have to use the tv glasses for 3D. It's pretty cool I was actually using it for the first time last night although it is restricted to 1080p 24hz. Hopefully nvidia provide an update for increased fps.

Hope that helps somewhat - take it with a grain of salt as I didn't research those models exactly and was looking at 4K models but that was my general findings from reading up on it for ages

Solution