Giras

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2015
hello i just cant decide what gpu to get from these
rx 5700 xt red dragon
rx 5700 not xt red devil
rx 5700 xt phantom gaming they are all at almost same price here (croatia ) and red devil xt ver. is like most exp from all but maybe 10 euro more then phantom gaming

i know all are almost same but want to know which is best choice for the money

Solution
Sure, not every body wants to play with their hardware so that's fine. But since you don't want to, only consider a non-XT card to game at no more than 1080p and 60-75hz refresh.

But the comment about Red Devil vs. Red Dragon is still the same: all you really get is a quieter card since Red Dragon XT's can be easily undervolted to run cooler and get very close to the same average FPS as a Red Devil XT even when it is undervolted. So the deciding factor should come down to whether you need a super quiet GPU while gaming or you wear headphones and it doesn't matter that much.

The side benefit of undervolting to run cooler is it can actually extend GPU life, if that's important.

got xt red devil and card is awesome in start i...
hello i just cant decide what gpu to get from these
rx 5700 xt red dragon
rx 5700 not xt red devil
rx 5700 xt phantom gaming they are all at almost same price here (croatia ) and red devil xt ver. is like most exp from all but maybe 10 euro more then phantom gaming

i know all are almost same but want to know which is best choice for the money
Save the bucks....get a 5700 Red Dragon (non-XT) burn it with a 5700XT Red Dragon BIOS. Same with a non-XT Red Devil burned to XT Red Devil. Both these boards have 2 BIOS's, burn one only to the XT and leave the other alone. If anything should go wrong you just switch BIOS's to get a boot up and then fix it.

You can get higher boost clocks with an XT Red Devil but the AVERAGE FPS aren't really a whole lot different. Certainly not enough to appreciate in games. The main advantage is that a Red Devil can operate really cool and quiet even during heavy game play. But I play with headphones on so the sound of my Red Dragon's fans (BIOS upgraded to an XT) spinning up a little bit don't really bother me at all.

Giras

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2015
Save the bucks....get a 5700 Red Dragon (non-XT) burn it with a 5700XT Red Dragon BIOS. Same with a non-XT Red Devil burned to XT Red Devil. Both these boards have 2 BIOS's, burn one only to the XT and leave the other alone. If anything should go wrong you just switch BIOS's to get a boot up and then fix it.

You can get higher boost clocks with an XT Red Devil but the AVERAGE FPS aren't really a whole lot different. Certainly not enough to appreciate in games. The main advantage is that a Red Devil can operate really cool and quiet even during heavy game play. But I play with headphones on so the sound of my Red Dragon's fans (BIOS upgraded to an XT) spinning up a little bit don't really bother me at all.

sorry but i dont want messing with bios :

sorry but i dont want messing with bios :
Sure, not every body wants to play with their hardware so that's fine. But since you don't want to, only consider a non-XT card to game at no more than 1080p and 60-75hz refresh.

But the comment about Red Devil vs. Red Dragon is still the same: all you really get is a quieter card since Red Dragon XT's can be easily undervolted to run cooler and get very close to the same average FPS as a Red Devil XT even when it is undervolted. So the deciding factor should come down to whether you need a super quiet GPU while gaming or you wear headphones and it doesn't matter that much.

The side benefit of undervolting to run cooler is it can actually extend GPU life, if that's important.

Last edited:

Giras

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2015

got xt red devil and card is awesome in start i had litlle problems but i fixed 1 crash and installed latest drivers and put from psu 2 pci-e lanes so for now is everything ok

Solution