[SOLVED] What cable do I need?

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Hey everyone!
Can you tell me what cable I need for VGA from my TV to the DVI Port on my Zotac Geforce GTX 1070 mini. The specs say it has a dual-link DVI port whatever that is.

Thank you!

Solution
You have 3 different types of video output, so you have 3 options. You can get DisplayPort to VGA adapter, HDMI to VGA adapter, or DVI-D to VGA adapter cable. The HDMI to VGA seems to be the cheapest, with the DisplayPort to VGA next cheapest.

These links are just for example, you may find cheaper elsewhere:
HDMI to VGA Adapter
DisplayPort to VGA Adapter

For those, you would need a VGA to VGA cable also. I beleive you can also buy a premade cable that does the same thing, but my thinking is that you probably already have a VGA cable kicking around so just get an adapter like above.

Hope that helps.

{GoofyOne's 2c worth .... which may or may not be actually worth 2c}

GoofyOne

Commendable
Apr 4, 2021
You have 3 different types of video output, so you have 3 options. You can get DisplayPort to VGA adapter, HDMI to VGA adapter, or DVI-D to VGA adapter cable. The HDMI to VGA seems to be the cheapest, with the DisplayPort to VGA next cheapest.

These links are just for example, you may find cheaper elsewhere:
HDMI to VGA Adapter
DisplayPort to VGA Adapter

For those, you would need a VGA to VGA cable also. I beleive you can also buy a premade cable that does the same thing, but my thinking is that you probably already have a VGA cable kicking around so just get an adapter like above.

Hope that helps.

{GoofyOne's 2c worth .... which may or may not be actually worth 2c}

Solution
i have never seen a television that only has a VGA port; you would not be able to use any cable boxes, DVD/Bluray players, game consoles, etc so that makes zero sense.

and since the OP can't even tell what ports the GPU offers i would doubt they know what this TV offers.

we need make & model of the actual TV to offer any real suggestions.