[SOLVED] What cable to use with Fujitsu SAS Raid Controller?

jappe66

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012
I bought this SAS Controller from eBay: "FUJITSU SAS RAID Controller D2616-A22 GS1 PCI-E x8 6Gbps LSI MegaRAID" and I would like to connect 8 SATA HDDs into the card.
I have no previous experience with SATA connections and it seems there are quire a few different cables out there. What kind of cables do I need to get 8 SATA connectors to fit the 2 SAS ports on this card?

Solution
You need two 1x4 miniSAS (SFF-8087) to SATA adapters, such as THIS. Be sure to get cables that are long enough for your case. The linked product is .5 meter, I usually use 1 meter to insure that I can place the drives further from the card. Don't forget that you will also need enough power connectors, often requiring Y power splitters and/or MOLEX to SATA power connectors.

RealBeast

Titan
You need two 1x4 miniSAS (SFF-8087) to SATA adapters, such as THIS. Be sure to get cables that are long enough for your case. The linked product is .5 meter, I usually use 1 meter to insure that I can place the drives further from the card. Don't forget that you will also need enough power connectors, often requiring Y power splitters and/or MOLEX to SATA power connectors.

Solution