What cables and wires do I need to maximize my PC?

BrusinBAnthony

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Hi, the title may be confusing, however I am new to all this so please bear with me. I am planning on purchasing a 1440p monitor with 60hz along with a GTX 1070, and I am wondering what cables i need to help get the most out of what i have, and i was also wondering what other cables i need in general for my pc. Thanks for the help!

Solution
The monitor will likely come with the cables you want, however it won't hurt to buy a display port (recommended) cable or a DVI cable, either one will work.

there really isn't much else required if this is all you are replacing, it will come with a power cable.

So lets say you choose to connect the new monitor with DisplayPort (DP), simply plug one end into the monitor and the other end into the video cards DP socket.

Very simple and easy, power up the pc and you might have to adjust the resolution when you get back into the windows desktop.

warhead0

Distinguished
The monitor will likely come with the cables you want, however it won't hurt to buy a display port (recommended) cable or a DVI cable, either one will work.

there really isn't much else required if this is all you are replacing, it will come with a power cable.

So lets say you choose to connect the new monitor with DisplayPort (DP), simply plug one end into the monitor and the other end into the video cards DP socket.

Very simple and easy, power up the pc and you might have to adjust the resolution when you get back into the windows desktop.

Solution

BrusinBAnthony

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016

Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS