[SOLVED] What cables do I need for this surround setup?

a1337cookie

Honorable
Nov 9, 2017
So currently, I'm running a dual monitor setup with an MSI gaming monitor and an old work monitor from ASUS. Both are 1080p, but the MSI one is a curved 144hz panel, while the ASUS is just a normal 60hz. I have another ASUS monitor of the same model lying around, but I don't have a display cable for it. I want to see if I can set up triple monitors with the MSI in the middle and the two ASUS on the side. I want to be able to use Nvidia surround for more scenic and immersive games, while still being able to go back to 144hz on the middle panel for more competitive games.

I'm running a GTX 1660 Ti, which has 3 DP and 1 HDMI port. The MSI monitor has DP, HDMI, and DVI ports, but the ASUS ones only have HDMI, DVI, and VGA. I currently only have 1 DP cable and 1 HDMI cable.

So what cable should I get? It was difficult to find updated information about what cables are needed for Nvidia surround. I know AMD eyefinity has some special requirements, so I'm wondering if it's the same here. Can I just use an HDMI to DP cable for the last monitor? Does it have to be an active adapter? Any help would be appreciated.

Kristian Henao

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
there is dp to hdmi cables for around 15.
all screens have to run off the same graphics option to have nvidia surround software
all screen will run at the lowest hz screen so it would be 3 1080p 60hz
i have a 1050 ti sc and i get avg 30 on farcry 5 at 5760x1080 resolution normal settings
with a 2400g. (was trying to use multiple graphics for more fps but it failed

a1337cookie

Honorable
Nov 9, 2017
I just ordered an active DP to HDMI cable, I'll see if it works when I get it. I did look around some more and some people say that any cable combination will work for surround. I hope that's the case.

TRENDING THREADS