[SOLVED] What cables/outputs do I need?

Chimi02

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2015
Greetings:)

So my last PSU died and I've decided that I'm getting a modular this time around. I don't have any experience changing components except for adding more ram and swapping out my GPU.

I've read some reviews and Corsair RM650X is probably the new PSU I'm getting. But since I don't really know what type of cables that will be needed and what might be needed in the future. I got insecure when I saw the Seasonic Focus Series as they have so many outputs.

GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Dual OC
CPU: Intel Core i7 - 4790K
RAM: HyperX Fury DDR3 16GB (4x4)
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
HDD: Western Digital Desktop Blue 1TB
Motherboard: Asus Z97 - P
And some DVD-Reader

Is the RM650X a viable option and future proof, other alternatives, why?
Is there something else that I'm missing?

//Daniel

Solution
All PSUs will come with all the cables you require.
The RMx and Focus Plus are both excellent PSUs that both have 10 year warranties.

You also only need to plug in the items you need. All cables are labelled and keyed accordingly as to prevent incorrect connections.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The RMx and Focus Plus are both excellent PSUs that both have 10 year warranties.

You also only need to plug in the items you need. All cables are labelled and keyed accordingly as to prevent incorrect connections.

Solution

Chimi02

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2015

I got in contact with the company I got my last PSU at and I got a new one on warranty (CX750M).
It isn't as fancy, but it's free so.