What cables will I need for this PC build?

DevBradley

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016
I have purchased all of these components (https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/c2hPQV) for a PC which I will be building on Christmas.

My only worry is that some parts do not include certain cables, such as the hard drive, and samsung SSD. I have researched and looked at other questions for a few hours now and currently have only come up with:

2x SATA cable (1 for SATA HDD, 1 for SSD)
2x SATA Power? cable - not sure what this is.
1x DisplayPort for monitor (need a certain one for 144hz, not sure).

If anyone would be kind enough to provide a list of what cables I would need for this PC build it would be much appreciated.

Solution
SATA data cables come with the motherboard. They always include at least 2 for you.
SATA Power cables come with the power supply, they are either physically attached to the PSU or come as a modular cable - either way, no worries they are included.

Any DisplayPort revision can push 1080p at 144hz so no worries there, but you will have to source one if your monitor doesn't include it.

SATA data cables come with the motherboard. They always include at least 2 for you.
SATA Power cables come with the power supply, they are either physically attached to the PSU or come as a modular cable - either way, no worries they are included.

Any DisplayPort revision can push 1080p at 144hz so no worries there, but you will have to source one if your monitor doesn't include it.

Solution

DevBradley

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016

So I will only need to worry about the display port for the monitor

That is correct!

TRENDING THREADS