[SOLVED] What can cause my problem?

May 13, 2021
So, last week I was playing Far Cry 5 and I was streaming it on discord to my friend.
After about 2-2,5 hours my screen started to flicker then froze and my keyboard, mouse, headphones got disconnected.
Then I tried to restart my computer to see if it starts with no problem, but it ddin't even start. When I pressed the start button it stered then immadietly shut down and it was doing it again without pressing the power button. Then I took it apart disconnected the battery so it does not start and shut down on it's own. I tried to reconnect the battery then start it, but it did not start, so I disconnected the battery agian and took out the RAM stick and tried to start it.
It did not give any display, so I left it for the night unpluged and shut down.

The next day it gave display, and was working with the RAM stick I left in it because it is integrated into the motherboard.
So it was working, I was watching a video with my friend and I was streaming the video on discord (in order to not get any delay while watching the video). After about 5 minutes my screen sterted to flicker and froze again like I mentioned earlier. So I restarted my computer and hoping for it to start. It started and it did it for a few times. Then I started my external laptop cooler (2 140mm fans under my laptop) because at this point I was so hopless that I did not have any other ideas. The problem went away.

So I was playing CoD MW3 due to its low requierments untill I got to the level named Stronghold I got this flickering and freezing problem again and not only in CoD, I got it while playing Stalker and even while playing Puppet Show. And I even get the problem while using anything in any time it might come after 5 minutes or it might not come , but it more likely come after 5 minutes and if I am lucky it does not repeat if I'm not it will repeat.
So this is the full story I think to get to the answer you have to know the full story that what happened, but pretty much I don't know what is the problem know, after all the troubleshooting I did.

I hope I can get an answer, have a nice day.
Best regards
Zsolti0415

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 with:

INTEL i5 8300H
Gtx 1050 4Gb,
4Gb RAM (I had 8Gb but I mentioned up there that I took it out)
1Tb WD Blue HDD
Apacer M.2 SSD 240Gb

Last edited:
Solution
Not a good idea, Windows 10's minimum req is 4GB, but you'd need at least 8GB to do things comfortably.
However I agree - 8GB of ram for both gaming and streaming is somewhat low, more so if you have other background apps running apart from the game and streaming software. 16GB is where you want to be at at the very least for your purpose of streaming and gaming simultaneously.
Its not like in Windows XP days where 4GB of ram was enough. Usually low end/entry-level prebuilts or devices ship only 4GB of RAM to lower down the purchase cost to the end user.
You can see your memory consumption in Task manager.
Not a good idea, Windows 10's minimum req is 4GB, but you'd need at least 8GB to do things comfortably.
However I agree - 8GB of ram for both gaming and streaming is somewhat low, more so if you have other background apps running apart from the game and streaming software. 16GB is where you want to be at at the very least for your purpose of streaming and gaming simultaneously.
Its not like in Windows XP days where 4GB of ram was enough. Usually low end/entry-level prebuilts or devices ship only 4GB of RAM to lower down the purchase cost to the end user.
You can see your memory consumption in Task manager.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS