[SOLVED] What can i do? device manager mistake

Apr 5, 2023
My PC Black screen posts i think it may even get into windows i just cannot see anything. When i turn the computer on it beeps once like normal and sounds like it starts. Display is recognized but black.
I uninstalled 2 things that may of caused this.
Within Device Manager i disabled my on board graphics. It alerted me that a restart is needed to take effect. I said ok ill just wait for my current proceess to finish (nvidia graphics install) so i hit restart later. While in device manager i noticed a unknown device and or driver it was listed as 'Core processer' or something. I said ok weird i decided to uninstall it as well. Bad idea? Not sure. The Nvidia driver finished i closed it. Didnt require a restart but for those two other things i disabled and then unistalled did, so i went ahead. It restarted like normal but i dont see anything. BIOS. Splash screen. Windows symbol. Nothing just black all the way in. Ok that sounds funny but this is serious.

The state of my parts are fine and i have never had an issue. PSU RAM CPU GPU fans cables etc.
This is what i have tried so far.

-Boot like normal.
-Boot without a harddrive.
-Boot without gpu installed via hdmi thrn without gpu installed. (switched to on board still hdmi).
- Booted with 1 2 3 and 4 memory sticks.
-Reset CMOS then boot.
-CD Drive install disc. The pc boots and runs the cd but because its black i cannot see anything.
-Repeat click or hold f8 f9 f11 to boot into safe or repair mode.
-Power off 3 times to let it boot into safe mode.

I really think the problem lies with what i disabled and uninstalled. If its Cpu ot video driver related cause onboard would a seperate Cpu work?

Any help is appreciated thanks.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2023
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu

if you have a nvidia gpu. connect the monitor to that
Novice question i feel but ill answer it. 280w gold 12gb 2.8ghz quad 128ssd. Its strictly driver related or i need to swap cpus. Im looking for a way to display it after removing drivers that may relate to the cpu and gpu.

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
What GPU are you nstalling? If the 280W is your PSU, that needs to be a very old low power card.

As for the reply to RGD, I have to be honest, I read your post 3 times, twice after that reply, and it still is not clear to me it you disconnected any cable from iGPU and changed it to the new card. A lot of disabling, restarting, installing, uninstalling. I don't see anything saying "I switched the cable"

Reactions: rgd1101
Apr 5, 2023
No full spec needed sort of a wise tale but Its fixed. I took a nap and came back. It either fixed itself after a restart or before i left i let it load a bit hit win key and typed "repair" hit enter enter enter tab enter space.