[SOLVED] what can i do for my gpu

Feb 17, 2022
hey guys , i tried a bunch of times to overclock my gpu buy everytime it crash until the last overclocking settings the pc shutdown and gpu did an electricity sound like a little bomb !
and after checking i found out that my gpu is dead its a msi R9 380 4gb
the fans are not spinning when i put it in the pc the obly thing i see working is the msi light
i really want to fix this graphics card i saw a videos that says to bake it is that true ? and if its not can i deep repair this gpu ?

Solution
and how can i get it back to service ?
Diagnose the issue(s), order replacement part(s) if initial diagnosis indicates that the GPU die itself appears to have survived whatever happened and should be salvageable, apply the repair(s), pray that you didn't miss something that will cause more stuff to blow.

As I wrote earlier: unless the issue is really obvious and easy to fix, expect the repair bill to be at least $150 if you take it out to a shop.
Feb 17, 2022
i7 7700k
r9 380 4gb
8gb g.skill 3200mhz
asus formula maximus IX
i used msi afterburner. I changed voltage about 75 mv 1100 mhz and i forgot about the memory thing

Last edited:
Baking the card doesn't help, this was possible fix for the Nvidia 8800 GT (2006-2007) as there were some poor solder joints that when the card heated up the connection to the PCB would disconnect. Heating the card in an oven would remelt the solder allowing it to fix the joints but this fix is no longer a valid way to resurrect a dead card.

The pop you heard was likely a component failing and you are into a new card, if you can afford one in these GPU scalping times.

Reactions: Krotow
Bad time you choose when experiment with GPU torturing. Most likely one or more VRMs gave a way. Dunno about the rest. You can try to take your graphic card to service, but hope is low. If so then good luck to find something not 3x overscalped.

InvalidError

Titan
and how can i get it back to service ?
Diagnose the issue(s), order replacement part(s) if initial diagnosis indicates that the GPU die itself appears to have survived whatever happened and should be salvageable, apply the repair(s), pray that you didn't miss something that will cause more stuff to blow.

As I wrote earlier: unless the issue is really obvious and easy to fix, expect the repair bill to be at least $150 if you take it out to a shop.

Reactions: iHaveStaleMemes
Solution

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Have you visually inspected the card and all its components/SMDs? That sound you made could have been a VRM part or a capacitor popping.

As said above I don't think you can repair it yourself and as said no guarantee it won't happen again. All provided the GPU die is intact!

Baking some models worked like 10 years ago because they had a welknown/well-documented soldering problem and even not all those cards that went bad were fixed by a bake.

I wouldn't spend anything on the card.

Reactions: iHaveStaleMemes