[SOLVED] What can i do to make my internet better?

Mywifidoodoohelp

Prominent
Feb 15, 2019
I have at&t internet. The modem and router are on one side of my house and my office where my pc is is located on the opposite side of the house (at least 100ft ish). I cannot get ethernet because its too far to run a cable throughout my house. H e L p

kanewolf

Titan
100ft is not too far for an ethernet cable. If you pay a professional installer, they can run through the attic, basement, or even outside. A real ethernet cable is the best answer. Real ethernet will also allow you to add a WIFI access point to improve WIFI in that end of the house.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
ethernet has a 100 m limit. could easily run one through the attic to the office and the cable is rather cheap.

but a powerline adapter is a decent 2nd option. it plugs into an outlet by the router and sends data through wiring to another unit plugged in the office. you lose speed and introduce a lot of lag with it but for general browsing it's good enough. but gaming with it will make you crazy and very unhappy with it.

peptobismal

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
Okay... here's something yo u can try... you can try setting your Beacon Interval to like 50 or 75, this is going to increase the power but it will send more signals to your connected device more frequently this will degrade the overall speed of your throughput on devices closer, but it will make you able to pick up a signal.

Other option would be to put a repeater somewhere in the middle? Or anything to that nature...