[SOLVED] What can I do with this laptop?

thek0ky

Reputable
Sep 18, 2016
Hello guys,

I have laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 330-15lGM with following specs:

CPU:Intel 4000n dual core @ 1.1ghz up to 2.6ghz
RAM:4GB DDR4 2666Mhz ( 1 slot only based on what i found )
GPU:AMD Radeon 530 2GB GDDR5
HDD:500GB

I have a few questions:
1) I want to upgrade RAM to maximum 8GB of RAM, which one should I buy and will it worth? Want more RAM because feeling like for my tasks and things 4GB is nothing...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Laptop-8GB...=32388635780927688fe61a6544d7b2fde24825172538

Is the memory above compatible, and if not i would be pleased if someone would help me choose right one or better one than one above..Price like up to 40$, not above that.

2 ) I was thinking of replacing from HDD to SSD to speed things up if its possible, will it worth?

3) Is there any possiblity to change CPU or its stuck to the motherboard and cannot be changed?

4) And I have that GPU, I tried doing all the things I found on google, but none of them seems to work, I feel like the radeon 530 it looks as good gpu, but it doesnt give me full power, any help?

Im planning in using this laptop in watching movies, some basic actions, and maybe some games like CS:GO, and I feel like im low on FPS..Im using currently windows 10 but due to only 3.83gb of ram, sometimes it lags when I do multiple tasks, and want to speed up booting time..

Thanks in advance!!!

Solution
The extra ram will be a worthy upgrade if compatable. Make sure there is an extra ram slot. 4gb is a limit for games or multitasking.

Replacing the HDD with an SSD is likely the biggest improvement you will make to that laptop.

CPU can't be upgraded, which is a bummer.

Make sure games are running on the RX530 and the latest drivers are installed. The RX530 should be faster than the Igpu.

WildCard999

Titan
1. 8gb may help, not sure if it's compatible though.

2. Yes it's well worth it. I have a old (2009) laptop with a T6400, 4gb RAM, 9800M GTS & a Samsung 850 EVO 250gb and the system runs great for general use/light MMO gaming (COH).

3. It's BGA so it's soldered to the motherboard.

4. Download the newest drivers for it directly from AMD although I wouldn't expect much as that GPU isn't much better then the Intel UHD 630 iGPU.
https://www.amd.com/en/support

D

Deleted member 14196

yeah, use Crucial website is what I was going to suggest but was beaten to it. They can figure out compatible parts, and I love Micron memory devices in general. Trusty workhorses

The extra ram will be a worthy upgrade if compatable. Make sure there is an extra ram slot. 4gb is a limit for games or multitasking.

Replacing the HDD with an SSD is likely the biggest improvement you will make to that laptop.

CPU can't be upgraded, which is a bummer.

Make sure games are running on the RX530 and the latest drivers are installed. The RX530 should be faster than the Igpu.

Solution

thek0ky

Reputable
Sep 18, 2016
I would like up to 40$-50$ wont go over that, there is only one slot though for the RAM so i can only install one stick of 8gb ddr4 2400mhz..

How to do that, to make them run on 530 not other gpu, drivers are like up to date, but performance overall are creepy