[SOLVED] What can i do?

Jul 22, 2021
Hi , Whenever I play games it freezes and my cabinet's fan keeps flickering . Whenever i play high graphic game it crashes. I have reinstall the windows and checked everything. And when i run event viewer it shows kernel 41 i have tried everything on youtube but it won't work. My pc won't automatically shut down or restarts . The only problem is that game keep crashing or freezes. And Task manager showing very high power usage.
I also have a ups.
Motherboard- MSI B550M PRO-VDH WiFi DDR4
PSU- Corsair CV650
Processor-Ryzen 5 3500
GPU-Gigabyte RTX 2060
RAM- HyperX Fury 8GB*2 (3733Mhz)
SSD- XPG S40G 256GB RGB
Cabinet- Ant Esports ICE-511MT Mid Tower Mesh Gaming Cabinet
Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED CPU Air Cooler
HDD- Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB Internal Hard Drive HDD
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/45812812

Last edited:
Solution
Not the UPS. That'll only supply stable voltages to the psu, regardless of actual wall voltages. While the CV isn't the best psu on the market, it's still respectable, and at 650w, plenty for that pc.

A 2060/3500 will be roughly maxing out at 400w if everything is pushing maximum wattage, which never happens. Even heavy gaming wouldn't pull much more than 350w tops. Psu isn't the issue.

My bet would be on bios/windows. There something in there doing loops.
Sub-optimal background CPU (14%). High background CPU reduces benchmark accuracy. How to reduce background CPU.
At rest, idle, you shouldn't be seeing any more than 5-8% cpu usage other than occasional spikes when services startup. I'd check windows task manager...

Dom Portera

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2013
I would check your PSU's wattage against the maximum power draw of all the components in your system - namely the CPU and GPU, but know that other components do pull some power on top of that. Your components can also spike a little bit more than advertised.

So I would assume the solution here would be a better/new power supply, but definitely investigate first

Jul 22, 2021
I would check your PSU's wattage against the maximum power draw of all the components in your system - namely the CPU and GPU, but know that other components do pull some power on top of that. Your components can also spike a little bit more than advertised.

So I would assume the solution here would be a better/new power supply, but definitely investigate first
How can I check the psu power draw?
/ 650 wat psu is enough for this pc.

It may be the quality and efficiency of the power supply. I recently went through this where my games would freeze up and my system even restarted once with my new rx 6600xt. If you look under the graphics card area of this site you should see my thread about rx 6600 xt performance issues.

i had a 750 watt PowerSpec power supply that I was using. I’ve used 4-5 other cars with it so you figure it would work fine, but I ended up having to replace it with a Corsair rm850x gold rated unit, and change the setting of my pci express slot in the bios. It seems to be acting better so I’m hoping I fixed it. But read through that maybe it will help you so you at least know what I had to do.

Hi , Whenever I play games it freezes and my cabinet's fan keeps flickering . Whenever i play high graphic game it crashes. I have reinstall the windows and checked everything. And when i run event viewer it shows kernel 41 i have tried everything on youtube but it won't work. My pc won't automatically shut down or restarts . The only problem is that game keep crashing or freezes.
I also have a ups.
Motherboard- MSI B550M PRO-VDH WiFi DDR4
PSU- Corsair CV650
Processor-Ryzen 5 3500
GPU-Gigabyte RTX 2060
RAM- HyperX Fury 8GB*2 (3733Mhz)
SSD- XPG S40G 256GB RGB
Cabinet- Ant Esports ICE-511MT Mid Tower Mesh Gaming Cabinet
Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED CPU Air Cooler
HDD- Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB Internal Hard Drive HDD
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/45812812
Take the UPS out of the mix...test.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Not the UPS. That'll only supply stable voltages to the psu, regardless of actual wall voltages. While the CV isn't the best psu on the market, it's still respectable, and at 650w, plenty for that pc.

A 2060/3500 will be roughly maxing out at 400w if everything is pushing maximum wattage, which never happens. Even heavy gaming wouldn't pull much more than 350w tops. Psu isn't the issue.

My bet would be on bios/windows. There something in there doing loops.
Sub-optimal background CPU (14%). High background CPU reduces benchmark accuracy. How to reduce background CPU.
At rest, idle, you shouldn't be seeing any more than 5-8% cpu usage other than occasional spikes when services startup. I'd check windows task manager, services/processes, startup etc and see what's running. At a minimum I'd be doing Malwarebytes check (anti-virus and Anti-Malware are Not the same thing) and also do a ccleaner run, including registry (say yes to backup).

Failing that, I'd upgrade the bios to the latest applicable bios, and at absolute last, reinstall windows.

Solution
Could be something psu related going on though. I think the Corsair cv line were their budget range.

From when I talked to powercolor tech support, they had me look in my bios and set the pci express slot mode to gen 3 instead of auto. I think some of that has helped but need to test more. However I also installed a new psu the same day as well.

My psu was a PowerSpec 750 watt which should have been overkill for an rx 6600xt and ryzen 5 3600, but I decided better safe than sorry. You could change the pci express slot settings in bios, and also maybe downclock or lower the power limit on your gpu. If that helps you may need to swap power supplies.

Jul 22, 2021
I did not expect the UPS to be the problem but it was an easy thing to test.

Grab a copy of memtest86 and put it on a flash stick.
Boot it up and let it fly.....no errors allowed.

UBM is showing something is not right with your ram.
I have changed the ram stick earlier it was of 3200 mhz and only one but now i have 2 sticks of ram of 3733mhz