[SOLVED] What can I easily upgrade?

Jul 23, 2020
Bought the following PC from Ebuyer March 2020 https://www.ebuyer.com/1129496-alph...b-ram-2tb-hdd-240gb-ssd-gtx-as-d5411///////// added to remove link/spam filter etc

- my question is, what can I easily upgrade here? Or am I better shifting the whole unit and spending 1.5k+ on a new system?

I game cs go and cod, mainly cs go at a decent level.

I struggle to get consistent FPS even on low settings across all maps, sometimes 150.

I’ve added an extra 16gb stick but ram is restrict by MoBo

could I switch out the graphics card and see a clear improvement?

Solution
That's a pretty solid system. 16GB is more then enough for the vast majority of games and adding more doesnt speed things up. If the system shipped with a single stick of RAM and there fore single channel and you added another (be sure its in the correct DIMM slot) and now are in dual channel then there will be a few percent bump in performance.

The 1660 Super is is more then capable of 1080P gaming but if you are gaming at 1440P then something like a RTX 3060ti or 3070 would be better option. Or on the used market a 2070 Super or even 2060 Super.

On the CPU front check tast manager while you are gaming and see what usage you are at, if you are maxing out then it might be time to upgrade to an i7, if not then "more" power really...
That's a pretty solid system. 16GB is more then enough for the vast majority of games and adding more doesnt speed things up. If the system shipped with a single stick of RAM and there fore single channel and you added another (be sure its in the correct DIMM slot) and now are in dual channel then there will be a few percent bump in performance.

The 1660 Super is is more then capable of 1080P gaming but if you are gaming at 1440P then something like a RTX 3060ti or 3070 would be better option. Or on the used market a 2070 Super or even 2060 Super.

On the CPU front check tast manager while you are gaming and see what usage you are at, if you are maxing out then it might be time to upgrade to an i7, if not then "more" power really wont give you anything performance wise.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
Bought the following PC from Ebuyer March 2020 https://www.ebuyer.com/1129496-alph...b-ram-2tb-hdd-240gb-ssd-gtx-as-d5411///////// added to remove link/spam filter etc

- my question is, what can I easily upgrade here? Or am I better shifting the whole unit and spending 1.5k+ on a new system?

I game cs go and cod, mainly cs go at a decent level.

I struggle to get consistent FPS even on low settings across all maps, sometimes 150.

I’ve added an extra 16gb stick but ram is restrict by MoBo

could I switch out the graphics card and see a clear improvement?
You have an H310 motherboard so "K" CPUs are less appealing. You have a 450W power supply. That is going to be limiting.
Low settings puts more emphasis on your CPU.

Jul 23, 2020

On the CPU front check tast manager while you are gaming and see what usage you are at, if you are maxing out then it might be time to upgrade to an i7, if not then "more" power really wont give you anything performance wise.
Thanks I will check today