[SOLVED] What card to buy? $100 - 270x, 760, 5600g

EzTec

Distinguished
Living now in Medellin Colombia guys :) looking to build with the options I have available to me... price point 100 bucks and the only ones I found that seem worth it are:

R9 270x (Asus Dual fan)
Nvidia GTX 760 (Ref design)
I had the R7 260x in mind too but I think both above are better

My last option but really really stretching would be the Ryzen 5 5600g for 199.99 on Amazon but If I could save some $$$ I'm happy to do so on one of these GPU's and a cheap CPU.

If you can recommend maybe some others to consider? prices here are a little diff. then the states as I only have Mercadolibre and Facebook Marketplace avail. to me.

Games: I don't play anything too crazy, GTA V, Diablo 3, wouldn't mind getting into COD or Battlefield.

Last edited:
Solution
we'd have to look where you are looking. does no good for me to find prices here in the US when you are in Colombia.

can you link to a store with a budget in local currency? might be an odd entry that is a touch better. a good resource for general performance levels is tom's hierarchy of gpu's

Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart - 2015 GPU Comparisons

ranks every gpu to make it easier to see how one falls with another

alexvdm

Commendable
Jul 15, 2020
Living now in Medellin Colombia guys :) looking to build with the options I have available to me... price point 100 bucks and the only ones I found that seem worth it are:

R9 270x (Asus Dual fan)
Nvidia GTX 760 (Ref design)
I had the R7 290x in mind too but I think both above are better

My last option but really really stretching would be the Ryzen 5 5600g for 199.99 on Amazon but If I could save some $$$ I'm happy to do so on one of these GPU's and a cheap CPU.

If you can recommend maybe some others to consider? prices here are a little diff. then the states as I only have Mercadolibre and Facebook Marketplace avail. to me.

Games: I don't play anything too crazy, GTA V, Diablo 3, wouldn't mind getting into COD or Battlefield.
looked around and it seems the r9 270x is better than the 760, altough you should try to find a comparison between both of them on the games you play, in gta v for example, the 760 gives 10 more fps. suerte :)

Reactions: EzTec

EzTec

Distinguished
looked around and it seems the r9 270x is better than the 760, altough you should try to find a comparison between both of them on the games you play, in gta v for example, the 760 gives 10 more fps. suerte :)

Yeah, I've been looking at comparisons for most of the day haha :) little bit obsessed with finding the best one I can and decided to come back here since the community here has helped me a lot in the past.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
been a while for those old models but the 270x and 290x are nowhere in the same league.

the 290x was near top of the line when it came out and the 270x was a more mid-range option at the same time. there is no question in my mind which is the best option :)

not sure what comparisons you are seeing but .....

EzTec

Distinguished
been a while for those old models but the 270x and 290x are nowhere in the same league.

the 290x was near top of the line when it came out and the 270x was a more mid-range option at the same time. there is no question in my mind which is the best option :)

not sure what comparisons you are seeing but .....

ah sorry about that, my mistake... I didn't mean to write the R7 290x I meant the R7 260x :) fixing in the edit above.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
ok, now that is a bit of a difference. lol

the 270x would then be the best option. it would trade blows with the 760 depending on the game. i don't recall the generations though. do a quick spec sheet check and see if one is newer and might have an extra instruction set or the like.

other thing it vram. the more the merrier and if one has a bit more, then it is the better option as modern games usually like as much vram as it can get

most of the 270x's had 2 gb as the 760 does. but some models had 4 gb for the 270x

EzTec

Distinguished
I do appreciate both your feedbacks, I'm going to research a little more about the generations and if I'm not wrong they both have 2gb vram... yeah not the best but seems to hold up in gaming benchmarks :)

I absolutely appreciate the information given just wondering if there's another model I'm not considering that might be better for maybe the same price. I imagine hard to suggest as prices are different :p

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
we'd have to look where you are looking. does no good for me to find prices here in the US when you are in Colombia.

can you link to a store with a budget in local currency? might be an odd entry that is a touch better. a good resource for general performance levels is tom's hierarchy of gpu's

Solution

EzTec

Distinguished

thanks for this, yeah I'd like something like mercadolibre colomia but if you're not looking for something specific it's like Ebay... just a hot mess of everything and sadly there are no good options like microcenters or newegg haha... Amazon does ok of a job as of recent times but they still don't offer everything yet