[SOLVED] what card to upgrade to?

c6l

Feb 12, 2021
running gt 1030 with i7-3770

what gpu should i upgrade to? 300gbp limit for now.

happy with 1080p :)

also what games can the gt1030 run at 1080P? new to pc gaming so apologies :)

Solution
A 1660 Super would be a really good upgrade for 1080P,after prices come back to normal ofcourse.
Except by then, there will probably be better options available around that price range (or cards with similar performance for less), as a new generation of graphics cards is in the process of rolling out. I wouldn't expect prices to come back down to MSRP until at least later in the year though.

For now, a 1030 might be okay enough to get by. It's rather weak compared to recent gaming cards, but capable of getting playable performance in many games if you are willing to turn down graphics settings and perhaps resolution. If you can put up with some amount of pixelation and blurriness, cutting the resolution to around 720p (or...

c6l

Feb 12, 2021
hi thanks for responding so quick! probably going to be annoying but all i know is its an intel i7 3770 and my GPU is GT1030. I bought this PC and it was already built prior to me purchasing. i am new to this so i hope you understand! :)

A 1660 Super would be a really good upgrade for 1080P,after prices come back to normal ofcourse.
Except by then, there will probably be better options available around that price range (or cards with similar performance for less), as a new generation of graphics cards is in the process of rolling out. I wouldn't expect prices to come back down to MSRP until at least later in the year though.

For now, a 1030 might be okay enough to get by. It's rather weak compared to recent gaming cards, but capable of getting playable performance in many games if you are willing to turn down graphics settings and perhaps resolution. If you can put up with some amount of pixelation and blurriness, cutting the resolution to around 720p (or alternately reducing resolution scaling in games that provide the option) can boost performance a fair amount, and combined with lowering settings can even get a number of recent AAA games to playable levels of performance.

And if you target somewhat older games, esports and indie titles, 1080p will often be possible, perhaps even at higher settings.

Reactions: Dj0gany
Solution