[SOLVED] What case/cooler air flow combo would be the pest?

Jul 20, 2019
Hey, I am debating between 2 different options and need advice on airflow.

Option 1: NZXT h500i / NZXT Kraken x52
Option 2: NZXT h700i / Thermaltake CL-P021-CA12RE-A Ring Silent 12 Pro CPU Cooler and Fan - Red

I personally prefer the look of option 2 so If the airflow would be similar in each scenario, I will pick option 2. Also both prices are very similar. Please let me know if one cooler is much superior over the other or if they are both going to offer a similar result due to the different number of case fans. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
Option 1 cooler is a 240mm AIO, that's a 220w+ cooler that'll handle any cpu, almost any OC, and still keep the cpu under operating temps. Comes with fans, so generally no need to buy extras.

Option 2 cooler is a more diminutive 140w cooler, that's a step up from most stock coolers, but that's about as far as it goes. For optimal airflow in almost all cases, you'll need to purchase extras, as most cases only include 2-3 fans.

Airflow is extremely similar in both those nzxt cases, they are about the same design, slightly different dimensions. Airflow considerations in either choice won't be an issue, what you want to put inside them, for what usage, will.

In a heavy usage, rendering, editing, streaming, high usage gaming machine...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Option 1 cooler is a 240mm AIO, that's a 220w+ cooler that'll handle any cpu, almost any OC, and still keep the cpu under operating temps. Comes with fans, so generally no need to buy extras.

Option 2 cooler is a more diminutive 140w cooler, that's a step up from most stock coolers, but that's about as far as it goes. For optimal airflow in almost all cases, you'll need to purchase extras, as most cases only include 2-3 fans.

Airflow is extremely similar in both those nzxt cases, they are about the same design, slightly different dimensions. Airflow considerations in either choice won't be an issue, what you want to put inside them, for what usage, will.

In a heavy usage, rendering, editing, streaming, high usage gaming machine, I'd take option 1 all day. That cooler can take just about any punishment I could throw at it. If considering option 2 just for looks, you'll be restricted on cpu punishment, cpu size and ability etc all for the sake of an RGB ring.

Solution
Jul 20, 2019

In a heavy usage, rendering, editing, streaming, high usage gaming machine, I'd take option 1 all day. That cooler can take just about any punishment I could throw at it. If considering option 2 just for looks, you'll be restricted on cpu punishment, cpu size and ability etc all for the sake of an RGB ring.
Thanks! My system will include an i7 9700k. Will Option 1 be ok for this, then? (Sorry for asking so many questions but I'm new to this :LOL:) Also, where in the case would you recommend I put the radiator? I have an EVGA 2080 Ultra gaming so I need to make sure there is enough clearance for that.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
In the front. It's mountable as either push or pull configuration, fits upto a 280mm rad.

This is a pull config (notice the backside of the intake fans), as you can see there's tons of room, no worries on the gpu length. Dunno why that owner has the top fan as intake though, it'd be better off as an exhaust.

TRENDING THREADS