[SOLVED] What case to buy for Noctua nh-d15?

Beowolfbreko

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019
I have MS industrial black widow case but its tight in there for my nh d15.Soo my question is what middle tower case to get to be more higher and good airflow?Or to get AIO?
My build:
CPU:2700x oc 4.2mhz
Motherbord:x470 Gigabyte aorus ultra gaming
ram:16gb gskills ripjaws V 3200
GPU:inno3d rtx 2060 twin x2
PSU:Corsair CX 750
lf2cvN.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
This is the case you have?

msstart-ms-black-widow-midi-tower-ultra-tiho-pro-gaming-kuciste-slika_506_506.jpeg

Honestly, if you just want to improve airflow - leave the front panel open as pictured.

Lots of cases accommodate an NH-D15, and it's a great cooler. But it does limit your options. I wouldn't look to 'upgrade' to an AIO though, as for the most part, they're not going to improve temps by more than a couple of degrees maximum.

I've used various cases to accommodate my NH-D15. Phanteks Enthoo EvolvITX (when I had a mITX board), Fractal Design R5 and, lately, a Fractal Meshify C.

Anything with >165mm CPU...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

msstart-ms-black-widow-midi-tower-ultra-tiho-pro-gaming-kuciste-slika_506_506.jpeg

Honestly, if you just want to improve airflow - leave the front panel open as pictured.

Lots of cases accommodate an NH-D15, and it's a great cooler. But it does limit your options. I wouldn't look to 'upgrade' to an AIO though, as for the most part, they're not going to improve temps by more than a couple of degrees maximum.

I've used various cases to accommodate my NH-D15. Phanteks Enthoo EvolvITX (when I had a mITX board), Fractal Design R5 and, lately, a Fractal Meshify C.

Anything with >165mm CPU cooler clearance is fine. For improved airflow, you're looking for something with a mesh front panel (or similar).

Reactions: Beowolfbreko
Solution

Beowolfbreko

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019

Anything with >165mm CPU cooler clearance is fine. For improved airflow, you're looking for something with a mesh front panel (or similar).
Yes with mesh or simular but i wold like case to be more higher if you can see an pic its close to my top 140mm.I have ATX bord.Idk about AIO for now becuse electricity and water don't match :).Soo one friend sugested me to buy h500p mesh.Its exspensive.But i will look more.I can buy x62 kraken for price of h500p mesh .

tarabomba

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
The NH-D15S has offset cooling pipes to avoid hitting RAM and also the fins sit proud high above the motherboard allowing for itx builds where before with the standard NH-D15 this was less plausible - so what better way than to build into as small an itx case that can comfortably house and benefit from the cooling power of this beefy component ? My build was to use it to cool a de-lidded and overclocked i7-8700k cpu inside a 18.5 litre Fractal Design Core 500 case. Not only does it maintain the CPU at cool temps, but with black chromax covers and fans it looks half decent too. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/PbCbt6