What cause fps drop/stuttering in my situation? Specifications are: ASUS GTX 1050Ti Phoenix edition 8 gb DDR4 (single channel

Aug 21, 2018
What cause fps drop/stuttering in my situation?
Specifications are:
ASUS GTX 1050Ti Phoenix edition
8 gb DDR4 (single channel) ram
i5 8400 Processor
Cooler master 550w PSU
1 tb Seagate HDD
Windows 10 64 bit Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.611)

Solution
1.Uninstall NVIDIA drivers. Do a full cleanup with piriform cc cleaner (registry, etc.)
2.Re install drivers EXCEPT NVIDIA audio drivers (which are known to be the culprit).
3. Restart and I am sure the problem will be gone.

1.crappy games,devs pushed for x86 in consoles so they don't need to port games,this lead to crappy games.
2.single channel ram,also "only" 8gb there are a few games that need 16Gb,why?look at 1(and also 3).
3.ssd, y u no have one?Games have to constantly load textures from disk (to sys ram) to the GPU,consoles share the sys and gpu ram so they get to skip a step PCs have to compensate by having better i/o.

Generally it is bad drivers that will do that or some other conflicting driver - eg you install drivers on top of drivers. You should use DDU to uninstall old GPU drivers.

Single channel Ram won't affect you.
Maybe you have some Malware on your machine - ZHPCleaner is what I recommend for you to remove it.

I5-8400 doesnt boost propetly on budget mobos, look UFDTECH on youtube.
Single ram doesnt affect much fps 5-10 at most.
Ssd does not impact fps, only terrain, texture lading issues.
I have 1TB and 8 year old HDD still read write over 100MB/s, no issues with big games like guild war, aion, mafia 3, etc.

arajigar

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2016
1.Uninstall NVIDIA drivers. Do a full cleanup with piriform cc cleaner (registry, etc.)
2.Re install drivers EXCEPT NVIDIA audio drivers (which are known to be the culprit).
3. Restart and I am sure the problem will be gone.

Solution
Aug 21, 2018