What causes Blue Screening Parts?

Bowkillaking

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Currently I recently just replaced my Hard Drive and I still get blue screens once and a while. What can cause blue screens? I just build this pc about 4 months ago. A few parts were from my old pc. Those parts are my psu, ram, and graphics card that I bought from my cousin a XFX 7850 Double D. Before I built the computer my bro said the blue screen was caused from defected hard drive (previous hard drive not current 1). So I replaced and the next day I still get blue screens when I replaced it. Could the problem be my ram? I have 3 sticks of ram 2 are 2 x 2sticks and 1 is 4 x 1stick. I would really want the screen to stop happening. Anyone know what could be the problem to it. What are the possibilities another defected hard drive?

Parts from old PC:
GPU
CD Drive
PSU

Upgraded Current PC:
PSU: Asus 500 Watt
CPU: FX6300
GPU: XFX 7850 (full name shown above)
HDD: Seagate 1TB
MOBO: Asus M5A78L-M USB3
CD Drive: Asus Drive

Solution
What are the model #s of the DRAM, it's a definite possibility and may be a simple fix. Prob want the 2GB sticks in slots 1-2 and the 4GB in slot 3, raise DRAM voltage = ).05 and raise CPU/NB voltage to 1.2 and give that a try

jnewegger23

Distinguished
Try removing the 4x1 stick for a few days or however long it typically takes to have bsod's appear. Also, your OS could be corrupt but I'd try seeing if there's a compatibility issue with the ram first.

I see that I just recommended the opposite of the above poster. Either approach is fine. This is slightly easier but I see the logic on his/her point too. I'm assuming the 2x2 sticks are identical.

TRENDING THREADS