[SOLVED] What causes mobo to reset bios on its own?

Feb 27, 2020
Recently my PC has been crashing the exact same way many times. It will black screen crash, and go into post/boot loop before it stops. (Nothing displayed on screen, no logos, no press del to enter bios)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APARU3PIKv0

The CPU led is lit up, so does this mean it's definitely the CPU at fault here?

I manually power on, and it post/boot loops another couple times before loading Windows.
View:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAgv0AR3nmI

This time the CPU led is lit, but it flickers to dram led.

So my question is what are the possible causes that makes my pc crash in such a way that the motherboard decides a BIOS reset is necessary?

Specs:
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite rev. 1.0 [BIOS: F10C]
I3-8350k
Corsair vengeance lpx 2x4GB at 2133mhz cl16 (rated 2666 but i did not enable xmp)
Zotac rtx 2070 mini
Coolermaster MWE 650W gold+
Intel 660p 512gb nvme m.2 SSD
Toshiba 2TB hdd

Solution
I would quickly take a look at the BIOS reset jumper. Make sure it isn't jumped to the reset configuration by anything. Either by a jumper or random wire, or a CPU cooler (I've seen it), or something like that. Could also be something stuck behind the motherboard. A thorough physical examination might reveal something. If not, there could be a problem with the actual BIOS chip. Gigabyte sometimes has a dual BIOS, you might look at your manual and attempt to switch to the other BIOS and see if it still happens, if it has that feature.
Recently my PC has been crashing the exact same way many times. It will black screen crash, and go into post/boot loop before it stops. (Nothing displayed on screen, no logos, no press del to enter bios)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APARU3PIKv0

The CPU led is lit up, so does this mean it's definitely the CPU at fault here?

I manually power on, and it post/boot loops another couple times before loading Windows.
View:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAgv0AR3nmI

This time the CPU led is lit, but it flickers to dram led.

So my question is what are the possible causes that makes my pc crash in such a way that the motherboard decides a BIOS reset is necessary?

Specs:
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite rev. 1.0 [BIOS: F10C]
I3-8350k
Corsair vengeance lpx 2x4GB at 2133mhz cl16 (rated 2666 but i did not enable xmp)
Zotac rtx 2070 mini
Coolermaster MWE 650W gold+
Intel 660p 512gb nvme m.2 SSD
Toshiba 2TB hdd
If some part doesn't pass POST test can be one reason and loose battery can do that too.

Feb 27, 2020
If some part doesn't pass POST test can be one reason and loose battery can do that too.
i have checked the battery, even changed it, but to no effect. Are the POST leds a reliable indicator of the issue? The weird thing is that it will load into windows after multiple POST attempts..

i have checked the battery, even changed it, but to no effect. Are the POST leds a reliable indicator of the issue? The weird thing is that it will load into windows after multiple POST attempts..
Yes, those indicators are important, that's why they are there. Did you check how everything is seated, RAM, GPU, all power contacts ? May need to upgrade or redo same BIOS version too.

Feb 27, 2020
Earlier on I flashed bios from F3 to F10C, still crashes same way, reflashed bios and problem remains. Today I took the mobo out, reinstalled cpu+cooler and pretty much everything. I have been running OCCT tests for many hours since and no issues so far. I'm not an expert on stress test software, Is OCCT a reliable one?

I would quickly take a look at the BIOS reset jumper. Make sure it isn't jumped to the reset configuration by anything. Either by a jumper or random wire, or a CPU cooler (I've seen it), or something like that. Could also be something stuck behind the motherboard. A thorough physical examination might reveal something. If not, there could be a problem with the actual BIOS chip. Gigabyte sometimes has a dual BIOS, you might look at your manual and attempt to switch to the other BIOS and see if it still happens, if it has that feature.

Solution
Feb 27, 2020
Yes, those indicators are important, that's why they are there. Did you check how everything is seated, RAM, GPU, all power contacts ? May need to upgrade or redo same BIOS version too.
It always loops with CPU led lit like in the video. I have ran Intel processor diagnostics on the CPU many multiple times with no issues. If the problem persists after taking apart and reassembling, I guess I'll really have no choice but to take it to a repair shop

Feb 27, 2020
Yep I did check the jumper, the two metal pins aren't contacting each other. I'll try to research how to change to the backup bios, thanks!