Question What causes these dots on my screen?

Apr 25, 2019
Hello,

Recently I am experiencing some issues with my newly built pc. I started to see weird flickering white dots on my screen.

View: http://imgur.com/BFOfiU0

These dots appear randomly and they appear only on some colors. I even found a color that the right side the screen completely started to show green dots.

View: http://imgur.com/qWKvb3m

It happens only on the right side of the monitor. Also I realized that when the dots appear, if I turn off my monitor and turn on again, they disappear.

Is this an issue with the monitor or is it the gpu? I confirmed that the displayport cable is not faulty.(I used another one and saw the dots again)

My monitor is Samsung 24Cfg73 and my gpu is Msi Ventus Rtx 2060. All drivers are up to date.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019
my pc is:

ryzen 5 2600x

msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac

coolermaster mwe 650 watt bronze

kingston hyperx 8x2 3000 mhz

samsung 970 evo plus 500 gb

msi ventus rtx 2060

Last edited:
May 27, 2019
I'd try reinstalling the gpu drivers. If it doesn't work, try in another screen (monitor, tv) if you can. If it does not disappear, it's probably a gpu issue, if the other display works fine, it's probably the monitor's fault. Just in case, try to use the same cable for both displays, as it may be part of the problem too

Apr 25, 2019
the problem is that the dots appear at random times. for instance today in the morning there were no dots, i used the pc until noon, then the dots suddenly appeared. when i saw the dots, i closed the monitor and reopened it and they were gone. till that time, i saw no dots. Many people is suggesting that it may be from the gpu but I think it is monitor because the dots only appear on the right side of the screen. For instance, when try to take the screeshot of the dots, paste it into paint and save the file as a image and move the image from right to left, when the dotted side pass the middle point of the screen, they disappear. In other words, ı cant take the screenshot of the dots, like they are created independently from the display.

May 27, 2019
the problem is that the dots appear at random times. for instance today in the morning there were no dots, i used the pc until noon, then the dots suddenly appeared. when i saw the dots, i closed the monitor and reopened it and they were gone. till that time, i saw no dots. Many people is suggesting that it may be from the gpu but I think it is monitor because the dots only appear on the right side of the screen. For instance, when try to take the screeshot of the dots, paste it into paint and save the file as a image and move the image from right to left, when the dotted side pass the middle point of the screen, they disappear. In other words, ı cant take the screenshot of the dots, like they are created independently from the display.

hmm, I understand what you mean. Basically, the output is not the problem, since you cannot take a screenshot of that. Then it may be a monitor problem. I'd check with another display anyway, just to be sure. As it seems, I think the problem is basically stuck pixels. Probably the monitor is not working correctly, so some pixels get stucked from time to time in just 1 color, then they get released and a while after, they get stucked again. If that's the problem, you should get a new one if you can.