[SOLVED] What chipset does my motherboard have and what CPUs are supported?

Aug 3, 2019
As the title suggests I'm trying to figure out what chipset my motherboard has, so that I can get a new and better CPU.
I've been trying to find out what CPUs are supported and what chipset my motherboard has, but the more i dig into it the more confused i get.
The PC that I have is a prebuilt one from Acer with a ''Predator G3-710'' motherboard, it currently runs with a I5-6400 which has a LGA1151 socket

AfRZPrR.png
ou5iZpK.png

Thank you so much for your help

Solution
Prebuilt manufactures often lock the bios to limited options, not access. Like I have an old dell server and even though the chip set allows 4 GB module memory it is limited to 2GB modules in the Bios.
Aug 3, 2019
You're overlooking the 'Southbridge' part of the window. States it is a B150 chipset.

ah, i was just looking at the Chipset line and was very confused

R02 BIOS only compatible with Intel 7th Gen Kabylake platform.

B150 Chipset supports only 6th Gen Skylake CPUs and with BIOS update 7th Gen Kaby Lake CPUs.
as far as i figured out my BIOS is the below, meaning that I would only be able to run 6th Gen Skylake CPUs, right?
How do I know what Gen a CPU is? I'm currently looking at getting a i7-6700, but im not sure what gen it is
4griGll.png

Aug 3, 2019
6th gen. The first digit in the thousand indicates the generation. Eg. i7-6700 is 6th; i5-4460 is 4th.
I'm learning so much from this, thank you!

However, we don't know whether Acer has locked the BIOS to prevent specific types of upgrades.
The possibility of a locked BIOS remains.
So how do I know if by BIOS is locked to prevent certain upgrades?
From what I can tell I can enter my BIOS to see temps, build date etc.