What classifies as a personal file?

SwitchDev

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
After having to do a reset on my Windows 10 laptop, as I wait for the tense rebuild of the computer I'm anxiously thinking about some of my files that had not been saved in my library.

Scrolling through the Internet, I'm not getting one definitive answer. Some people are saying that personal files are files in your library and others are saying it is files under your User directory.

I'm a game developer who was recently programming a Visual Novel, however the script files where not saved in the library, but rather it's Program File Directory.

I'd like to know now whether or not to just give up on this game and start contacting the team or have some inkling of hope left as I stupidly never made a backup. Having to do this reset came as a surprise.

Either way, thank you in advance.

Solution
I assume you did a reset and kept files and settings? The files kept are those in libraries, everything else is gone. It saves documents, music, pictures, downloads (for some odd reason), and videos. Nice if you could customise it more really.

However, if the files are on a separate HDD, they would be fine, as a reset only effects C drive, any folders etc on other drives will still be as they were before. One very good reason to have two drives.

You need to contact your team and get new copies of these scripts. You should save them onto Onedrive so you have backups.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I assume you did a reset and kept files and settings? The files kept are those in libraries, everything else is gone. It saves documents, music, pictures, downloads (for some odd reason), and videos. Nice if you could customise it more really.

However, if the files are on a separate HDD, they would be fine, as a reset only effects C drive, any folders etc on other drives will still be as they were before. One very good reason to have two drives.

You need to contact your team and get new copies of these scripts. You should save them onto Onedrive so you have backups.

Solution