[SOLVED] What clearly is MU-MIMO? HELP FAST PLEASE.

Mahbub1

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2015
i looked at two routers,

one is asus rt ac 53 which has 64mb ram and has mimo support, 1 5ghz and 2 2.4ghz.

another i looked at is 128mb ram and says 2*2 mimo.

my question is does 2*2 mimo mean router can send simultaneous 4 devices or 2 devices?

if it means 2 devices then whats the use of 128mb ram because the asus can support 3 devices with 64mb ram..

lastly which of these 2 routers should i buy?

Solution
You have a lot to learn to even begin to explain this stuff.

Mostly this is marketing to confuse consumers who do not have a technical background. The memory in the router is not really related to how many user it can run. Mu-mimo is of very limited advantage and requires devices that support it.

All wifi routers make it appear that device connected to them run "simultaneous" but in reality it is just switching between them very quickly.

How many user a device can actually handle depends on many factors but a simplistic example is a router can support many more users running simple web surfing than users that are watching 4k netflix video.

Which device to buy depends on many factors only you know. Your end device is 1/2...
You have a lot to learn to even begin to explain this stuff.

Mostly this is marketing to confuse consumers who do not have a technical background. The memory in the router is not really related to how many user it can run. Mu-mimo is of very limited advantage and requires devices that support it.

All wifi routers make it appear that device connected to them run "simultaneous" but in reality it is just switching between them very quickly.

How many user a device can actually handle depends on many factors but a simplistic example is a router can support many more users running simple web surfing than users that are watching 4k netflix video.

Which device to buy depends on many factors only you know. Your end device is 1/2 the connection so it does no good to buy fancy routers if your device can't use it.

In general the cost/performance point in routers is device that have numbers 1200-1700. These are not really speeds they just let you compare devices from various manufactures. In general a $50 router is good enough for most people but if you have a very slow internet connection even these may be too fancy.

Solution