Question What cloud backup service to use to backup external drive?

boagz

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2014
I'm trying to figure out what a good place is to store my backup data and was wondering if anyone had some recommendations for my use case. Basically I have system images and file/folder backups that were created with Macrium reflect. These files have been backed up to an external drive. I would like to take these backups and upload them to some sort of cloud service. I tried using amazon S3 glacier and upload was extermely slow, which is fine, but my backup failed midway and they said I would have to re-upload my files from scratch again (also had to get a refund for the failed upload). It seems I would have to upload my drive in 'parts' using some console interface.

Instead of all that I'm wondering if there is an easier backup solution that can just backup my external drive or certain folder of my external drive which contains my macirum backup files. I looked at backblaze but was told that you couldn't just backup an external drive and that you had to use their backup software (meaning I would have to recreate backup files using backblaze instead of being able to just upload my current macrium reflect backup files).

Last edited:

boagz

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2014
I use iDrive. You still have to install an app to upload to them, but it's mostly because they encrypt the files before sending it off to the cloud. Otherwise you can pick and choose what you want to backup.

I used it with both an external drive and in my NAS.

Aweomse, thanks for the suggestion. Looks promising