[SOLVED] What CMOS battery do I need to buy for Gigabyte B85Md3h ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
Hey
I was changing the cooler on the system so I changed the mobo battery also with that even though there wasn't any issue with it.

After 10days I kept getting message bios reset, load optimised defaults and today system would not power on.
So I put new c2032 battery by panasonic. 15-20 days ago also I used panasonic one.

I don't know if battery was faulty or if some other battery was has to be put. System booted fine after battery insert, but was really pain since I recently added this deepcool 400 cooler I had remove graphic card and bunch of other stuff to reach this tiny battery, I also ended up redoing thermal paste thingy again since system was opened.

When I replaced the battery 1st time I did not check which battery was there.

I checked the manual but looks like gigabyte themselves don't know what battery is used in their own motherboard. B85Md3h

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
Again just now it happened, I had to change battery again and pc started, otherwise it was not starting, Can a faulty motherboard cause this or what is going on here ?
Today I used energizer battery one instead of panasonic one.

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
No I was not aware of it, if battery is removed won't it automatically reset the bios ? Or this issue needs this jumper cleaner method ? Because I have replaced the battery at least six times. Batteries work fine but the system won't start until unless new battery is installed.

Last edited:

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
Did you try a jumper reset for the Bios?
hi this worked, mobo has 2 reset option button one near end of the board and one right next to this mobo battery, now this time i pressed the one next to battery and PC has booted just now fine :) finally. Thank you so much for your help :)
before this i could close my pc in night since next day it was pretty much as if building the PC again :p

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
Incase anyone finds this thread there was dust threads stuck int battery mobo clip after pulling the clip worth my nail bunch of times and letting it go, it came out and since then never had this issue :) it was really annoying how much dust there is now days

Reactions: wolf_starbuck
Status
Not open for further replies.