What components can I look at or change?

mnqobisakhile

Prominent
Jun 26, 2018
Accidentally burnt my laptop with a charger. My charger have wires that ain't insulated now they touched, and the laptop immediately went off. I stripped my computer but I can't find anything seem to be burnt, any help would be appreciate.
My laptop is a Mecer Expression
Core i3
8Gb ram

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Laptops usually have the CPUs soldered onto the MB, so no changes there in most cases.
RAM can be changed.
However if it was a power issue, then likelihood is it has caused damage on the motherboard somwhere, you may not see anything, but a capacitor may have blown, lanes could be damaged, connections can be damaged etc. If you're lucky, you might have only damaged the harness coming from the power jack to the motherboard.

Reactions: mnqobisakhile
Accidentally burnt my laptop with a charger. My charger have wires that ain't insulated now they touched, and the laptop immediately went off. I stripped my computer but I can't find anything seem to be burnt, any help would be appreciate.
My laptop is a Mecer Expression
Core i3
8Gb ram

If you already tried to get the system running with other methods (reset BIOS, hold in power button for a while without battery, try another charger, etc...) then the most likely issue is the motherboard is dead.