Question What components do you think I should upgrade or should I just build a new PC.

Nov 18, 2020
I currently use my PC for mainly gaming
My current specs are …

i5-6500, GTX 1060 6GB, 8gb ddr4 , H110M-S2H-CF, 500gb Samsung 860 EVO
Thanks for any response

I currently use my PC for mainly gaming
My current specs are …

i5-6500, GTX 1060 6GB, 8gb ddr4 , H110M-S2H-CF, 500gb Samsung 860 EVO
Thanks for any response
You have a 6th gen CPU and a low end motherboard. If it was me I'd move to a newer platform first, new CPU, motherboard and memory. You could use your GPU for now if budget is an issue and upgrade it later. You need to consider the power supply before any upgrades but you didn't list it. Brand? Model? Age? Budget for all upgrades? Monitor resolution and refresh rate?

Reactions: King_V
Nov 18, 2020
Thanks for a quick responses,
I have had the PC since the end of 2016.
PSU; Aerocool Integrator 500W Power Supply, 80 Plus Bronze. My monitor is Samsung C24FG73FQU 24" which is 144hz 1080p with 1ms response.
I don't necessarily have a budget just wondering what suggestions anyone has and whether it was worth upgrading or just going for a new build all together

Thanks for a quick responses,
I have had the PC since the end of 2016.
PSU; Aerocool Integrator 500W Power Supply, 80 Plus Bronze. My monitor is Samsung C24FG73FQU 24" which is 144hz 1080p with 1ms response.
I don't necessarily have a budget just wondering what suggestions anyone has and whether it was worth upgrading or just going for a new build all together
If your current pc is meeting your expectations you don't need to upgrade anything, except the power supply. If your system is falling short in some particular area you'll need to explain.

The Aerocool power supply you have is a very low quality model and should be replaced now before anything is damaged. At the very least you'll need to replace it along with any other upgrades you plan.