What components to choose

Apr 27, 2018
My partner and I are building a workstation next month and would love to ask for your feedback/comments. We were both using MAC's for all our jobs but it started to get really annoying lately... as the new macbook pro what we have is crap and we are starting to have some software/hardware limitations overall. She is a designer doing some CAD and basic renders for clients and I am a freelance photographer using PS raw editing and capture One. We are also doing some basic animations in After effects and movie editing of course.

you might find it a bit strange but one of our main priority beside the performance is look :)

What we have so far :

Monitor: LG 38uc99
GPU: Asus Strix 1080 Ti

What we are planning / can'r fully decide on:

CASE

Thermaltake P3 white

MOTHERBOARD (has to have built in wifi and bluetooth)

Asus ROG Strix X299-XE / Asus Prime Deluxe X299

CPU

Intel 7820x

RAM

G skill LED 3200Mhz 32GB

PSU

Corsair RM750x

CPU cooling

Kraken X72

PCie SSD

Samsung 960 evo 512gb

HDD

WD 2TB black

Thanks in advance for your support

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018
If you plan to have an open case, prepare to undust the system every other month or so. If you want to combine looks with a closed enclosure, I would recommend the Lian Li O11 dynamic case in white: http://www.lian-li.com/pc-o11-dynamic/

For rendering high core count is an advantage. Have you considered a Ryzen 2700x or a i7 8700 ?

Apr 27, 2018

Szia Zoli, no we haven't considered the Ryzen nor the 8700 yet as we thought the i7x/i9 family will be a longer term solution? We might not be right :)

Luckily or not, but we are super OCD, vacuum cleaning on a daily basis but thanks for the link, we will definitely check out these cases.