[SOLVED] what configuration of parts should i go for

Aug 27, 2019
AMD3600, x570 MB and a RX580 = £526

or

AMD 2600x, B450 MB and a 1660ti = £495

I am thinking the top as it gives me better futureproofing (I think)

any thoughts

cheers

Solution
I would go with option 1. The X570 chipset provides more performance potential and greater compatibility for future upgrades. The RX580 is no slouch at 1080p gaming, either. The Ryzen 3600 is an excellent performer as well. I believe the price difference is warranted for the gains achieved.

What memory do you intend to use?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I would go with option 1. The X570 chipset provides more performance potential and greater compatibility for future upgrades. The RX580 is no slouch at 1080p gaming, either. The Ryzen 3600 is an excellent performer as well. I believe the price difference is warranted for the gains achieved.

Solution
Aug 27, 2019

16gb 2x8 3000

cheers, I think I will go for the top

Aug 27, 2019
As far as future proofing.....the top one.
As far as how it's going to perform on games now.....the bottom one.
Although if you are only gaming at 1080p I don't think you will get much more out of the 1660 Ti than the RX580 at 1080p @ 60 fps.

yep will be 1080P

plan to save for a better graphics card and monitor for a few years down the line.

Aug 27, 2019
Then I would go for the top one.

Think I knew that deep down! just needed validation, been going over different setups for weeks, been tearing my hair out over it as its a big expense, best to ask and get right!

guessing what I have read is true and that MSIs are the better Mobos to go for or does it really matter.

Cheers again

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019
"or does it really matter. "
I think that some manufacturers are better than others.
I try and go with ASUS as I've had great luck with them.

also is what I have read about the 3600 not working brilliantly on a B450 true or is it exaggerated?
why I have gone off the idea and gone for the more expensive x570

sorry for pestering !

cheers

g-unit1111

Titan
also is what I have read about the 3600 not working brilliantly on a B450 true or is it exaggerated?
why I have gone off the idea and gone for the more expensive x570

sorry for pestering !

cheers

Because if you use a current generation CPU on a previous generation motherboard, you will require some way to update the BIOS (which usually means previous gen CPU) before you can use the new chip on it. It's usually better to get current generation hardware including motherboard so you don't have that hassle out of the box.

TRENDING THREADS