What connector is this? Does my PSU have a port for it?

OGSnow

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016
Hi. I will get a new case soon and it comes with some fans and a hub. My mobo doesn't support the hub so will have to connect it to PSU but don't know if my PSU have a port for it... It's a RM850i from Corsair

The cable with the red end will go into the fan hub and the left one (one that looks like a flash drive) will go into the PSU:

hubcable.jpg

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017
You'll need to look at the case manual on what that's supposed to plug in to. One connector looks like a micro JST connector (bottom ... not standard for PSUs), one looks like Aura RGB (top) and I can't tell what the middle one is supposed to be..

OGSnow

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016

Are you serious? What the... The seller told me this is a "Default" connector and most PSU would plug into it... What do i do? And cable this is anyway? Never seen one like it. I assume its not a molex?

I cannot get a new PSU nor do i want to. If there's no workaround i'm gonna have to ditch the case and hub it comes with and find something else.. This suks.

OGSnow

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016

Yea, the seller told me the top one goes into the mobo, by mine doesn't support it, so the bottom one goes into the fan hub, and the middle one goes into the PSU which is my only choice since i can't use the top on on the mobo...

bignastyid

Titan
The top connector looks like an RGB connector that would plug into the motherboards RGB port(if compatible).
The middle one looks like it could be a Molex connector which the PSU will have a connection for.
The bottom one looks like a proprietary connection that likely plugs into the fan controller.

This would be easier if you posted the make and model of the case since the controller comes with the case.

OGSnow

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016

Well there's only one problem with that. The case is a national model. Not worldwide and i don't live in the USA or any english speaking country so it might be problematic to understand it... But in any case, here it is:

https://tinyurl.com/yccyw3xv (Case + Hub)
https://tinyurl.com/y79yn2da (Fan + Hub info + Led strip)

Hope it helps cuz i'm hella confused right now tbh

bignastyid

Titan

Google translate works well for this sort of thing.

Without a compatible motherboard you just won't be able to control the RGB functions with software, you will need to use the remote that comes with the controller.

So the cable/dongle you have pictured in the original post will just plug into a molex connector from the PSU and then into the fan controller, the RGB connector will just remain unplugged.

OGSnow

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016
@bignastyid

I'm fine controlling the RGB through the remote. My main concern is the that dongle-like connector that's supposedly a molex but unlike any other found on the internet... You say it simply connects to a molex on the PSU... But @SR-71 Blackbird said it wouldn't connect to my RM850i Corsair, so i'm mixed

OGSnow

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016

I see. So i should have no issues plugging it into my RM850i, right?