What Controler for PC

fallen2004

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
I want a controller for games like the new need for speed and fifa and any other game that gets a terrible port to PC or would be better/easier with an controller. I am currently looking at the wired Xbox 360 controler as i quite like it (i do prefere the old PS2 one but its still good), is there anything else you would recomend over it, with a max of about £20

THX for any replys

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I have the xbox controller for my PC and it's great, I like it more than my RumblePad 2. (plus the games that support it auto detect it, like crysis, bioshock, though M&K is better for those).

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
The 360 controller is by far the best choice. If ever there will be a universal gamepad for PC devs to work with it will be this one imo.

Best,

3Ball

rabidbunny

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
+1 for the xbox 360 controller!

I have one and I use it for any game where I use a gamepad. Most games today for pc have the xbox controller pre-configured for it. I like the quality of the gamepad when compared to my old, cheap pad. It is much sturdier and will not let you down!

More interestingly, I use it to play sega genesis emulators and gameboy emulators! Tons of people wonder what the h*** I am doing with an xbox controller, hooked to my laptop, playing an old genesis game or game boy advance game!

it might be more expensive than other pc controllers, but it is WELL worth it!

Oh, and you should be able to connect the wireless controller to your computer, however it turns out to be more expensive than the corded one since you have to buy a special reciever just for the pc. :(

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I have the wirless one, of course I had the money when Best Buy jacked the price up again, however, I still really like it and don't regret the purchase at all. There's some program out there to let one bind the buttons as keyboard buttons so that you would be able to have better compatibility is the games that don't support it, but I forgot what is called.

The 360 controller works well, but has a major design flaw:

The two sholder triggers are actually a third Z axis. As a result, if both are pressed at the same time, even slightly, neither input will be read by your PC.

I use a generic Logitech for the time being (wired, as my wireless got busted a while back...). Works great, except for the odd numbers given to each button (the four face buttons are joystick buttons 12-16 apparently...), which causes a few issues...